Marcos Zattar
Germany
Local time: 15:09
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
May 13, 2010

Hello,

as soon as I confirm a translated segment, the preview scrolls the text and shows the next segment highlighted in red, but hides the one I just translated above the preview window. I have to keep scrolling down the window to check if the formatting is ok. In my logic, the highlighted segment in red should be right in the middle of the preview pane so that it is possible to instantly check what you translated without having to touch the mouse or the keyboard, do you agree? Is
... See more
Hello,

as soon as I confirm a translated segment, the preview scrolls the text and shows the next segment highlighted in red, but hides the one I just translated above the preview window. I have to keep scrolling down the window to check if the formatting is ok. In my logic, the highlighted segment in red should be right in the middle of the preview pane so that it is possible to instantly check what you translated without having to touch the mouse or the keyboard, do you agree? Is that a way to configure the behaviour of the preview pane?

Regards,
Marcos
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Entirely agree! May 13, 2010

I entirely agree! It would be a lot better to let us scroll the text manually so that we see the text above and below, or at most that the text scrolls automatically when the highlight is at the bottom of the page and go to the next segment.

Marcos Zattar
Marcos Zattar
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ctrl+S May 13, 2010

I just noticed that instead of pressing Ctrl+Enter to confirm the segment, you can save the document with Ctrl+S, which will update the preview pane. This is not the ideal solution but at least might be a help to this issue.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Practical use/configuration of the preview pane

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »