Thread poster: Edwal Rospigliosi
simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:33
Italian to English
+ ...
you have to work backwards... Jun 18, 2010

It can be done, but you have to work backwards, so to speak. Rather than saying what you don't want to see, you have to say what you DO want to see.
Press the "filter segments by status" icon - the first of three small funnels directly above the translation pane, and select the type of segments you want shown. If you select 'empty' and 'edited', for example, it will only show segments of those types, and anything confirmed will not be shown. There are lots of status options here, and you c
... See more
It can be done, but you have to work backwards, so to speak. Rather than saying what you don't want to see, you have to say what you DO want to see.
Press the "filter segments by status" icon - the first of three small funnels directly above the translation pane, and select the type of segments you want shown. If you select 'empty' and 'edited', for example, it will only show segments of those types, and anything confirmed will not be shown. There are lots of status options here, and you can fiddle with them as you like, but selecting these two, and 'fuzzy and fragments' is usually enough.
Hope that helps
Collapse

Marcos Zattar
Marcos Zattar
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
User guides Jun 18, 2010

The great thing about MemoQ is that it has lots of "hidden" features that solve problems we tought MemoQ could not solve. I have tested a great range of tools in the past years, MemoQ is by far the most clever one.

The user manuals/guides: http://www.kilgray.com/resource-center/user-guides

To download the latest version of the complete manual you will have to
... See more
The great thing about MemoQ is that it has lots of "hidden" features that solve problems we tought MemoQ could not solve. I have tested a great range of tools in the past years, MemoQ is by far the most clever one.

The user manuals/guides: http://www.kilgray.com/resource-center/user-guides

To download the latest version of the complete manual you will have to log in:

Download the memoQ 4.2 Help in PDF format.
memoQ 4.2 Help 24 MB

Good luck!
Collapse

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Import of TMs in SDL Trados' txt format Jun 24, 2010

... is also one of the things missing that should not be too hard to implement. Had to use DVX to convert the Trados txt into an ordinary csv file.

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Multiple instances Jul 1, 2010

And still one more thing:
I appreciate the fact that I can have as many instances of DVX open as I wish. This allows me keep doing certain things in the background (pretranslating of another project, TM repairing etc.). MemoQ only allows one instance.

But... the MemoQ Aligner seems to be better than many of the competitors, and the Transit support is really a good feature.

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
DVX vs MQ Jul 1, 2010

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

And still one more thing:
I appreciate the fact that I can have as many instances of DVX open as I wish.

Yes, it's unvaluable.
Especially, I looooove the pretranslation in the background
Or several open projects.

This allows me keep doing certain things in the background (pretranslating of another project, TM repairing etc.). MemoQ only allows one instance.

Some tasks (e.g. TM import) may be done in the background.
AFAIK the number of these tasks will be growing.

But... the MemoQ Aligner seems to be better than many of the competitors, and the Transit support is really a good feature.

Well.
The Kilgray guys do a damn good job while Atril seems to sleep.

BTW.
DVX 8 was announced for June... :|

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-07-01 19:01 GMT]

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Trados txt is dead... Jul 1, 2010

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

... is also one of the things missing that should not be too hard to implement. Had to use DVX to convert the Trados txt into an ordinary csv file.

Trados txt is dead.
It's a thing from the past.
It's no longer used in the so called Trados Studio.
IMO it makes no sense to develop this filter now.
DVX features it because it was created many years ago.
I doubt the Atril guys would develop it now if they're were a startup...

Cheers
GG

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Things I can't find in MemoQ

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »