Heike Behl, Ph.D.
Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 01:18
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 21, 2010

Due to some nasty virus infection (in spite of antivirus program), I'll have to reinstall everything on my main computer. I have all vital data as backup. I downloaded MemoQ 3.6.10 on my second computer, but cannot activate it and thus cannot import the existing project file or my existing project tm.

Since I need to deliver the almost finished project tomorrow, but cannot access the tm in the 4Free mode to finish it in MemoQ, would somebody be so kind t
... See more
Due to some nasty virus infection (in spite of antivirus program), I'll have to reinstall everything on my main computer. I have all vital data as backup. I downloaded MemoQ 3.6.10 on my second computer, but cannot activate it and thus cannot import the existing project file or my existing project tm.

Since I need to deliver the almost finished project tomorrow, but cannot access the tm in the 4Free mode to finish it in MemoQ, would somebody be so kind to export the project tm into Trados format for me? I'd really appreciate it!!!

Or if somebody could help me with the activation...
I've been in contact with Istvan, but so far he has only pointed out the help instructions. He also provided an additional interim activation code valid for a week, but where the heck do I enter that code???
I never get any dialog box where I can enter anything (Help > Activation Wizard / Activation). I can only do the activation automatically by clicking on a button. Which doesn't work...

I also followed the direction to delete the LicenseX.dat files (of which I only had two, not three), but the same window pops up without any text boxes for the code. Even when I first installed MemoQ on my first computer, I never got the option to enter any code, only the server activation per button click, which worked without problems.

Thanks!!!
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:18
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I'll do my best! Mar 21, 2010

Hi Heike,

Please feel free to send me the project files and I will do my best to open them and export them if I can. Email me via Proz.com and I'll reply with my email. I am going to work for a couple of hours now.

Best,
Tomás

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent - Help with converting a MemoQ tm for Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »