simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:18
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2010

Help!

Working on big file in MemoQ when computer crashed. After rebooting Windows (and I have repeated this a number of times), the programme refuses to open the project I was working on, and I get the error message shown below. Thought I would try creating a new project with the source file and then apply the TM I was using on the project I can't open, but it won't let me create a new project either. It won't even let me open old projects, let alone the one I was working on when th
... See more
Help!

Working on big file in MemoQ when computer crashed. After rebooting Windows (and I have repeated this a number of times), the programme refuses to open the project I was working on, and I get the error message shown below. Thought I would try creating a new project with the source file and then apply the TM I was using on the project I can't open, but it won't let me create a new project either. It won't even let me open old projects, let alone the one I was working on when the PC crashed. As luck would have it, the file is big, and the deadline is tomorrow. To say that any help would be appreciated is an understatement.

The error message:

TYPE:
System.InvalidOperationException

There is an error in XML document (0, 0).

SOURCE:
System.Xml

CALL STACK:
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
at MemoQ.Common.SerializationHelper.DeserializeXMLFile(Type objType, String filePath)
at MemoQ.Common.SerializationHelper.DeserializeXML(Type objType, String filePath)
at MemoQ.Project.Migration.Migrater.CorrectVersionsForProject(Form owner, String filePath, String projectDirectory, ProjectInfo& projectInfo)
at MemoQ.Project.ProjectDocument.OnOpenDocument(Object openParam)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.c__DisplayClass7.b__6()
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.executeFromOpenErrorHandlingBlock(MQFunc`1 func, Object openParam)
------------------ Inner exception ------------------

TYPE:
System.Xml.XmlException

SOURCE:
System.Xml

CALL STACK:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderProjectInfo.Read36_ProjectInfo()
Collapse

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
German to Arabic
+ ...
Backing up and then reinstalling may help Mar 4, 2010

Hi Simon,

not quite sure, but it seems to be a deep problem in MQ files because of the system crash.

Another possibility, are you using a floating license received from the client, then try to re-register your version.

Otherwise one could rather re-install MemoQ completely. This should restore MemoQ as it was before the crash, and then add your backuped TMs.

Hopefully this would be helpful.

Thanks and regards

Your Ar
... See more
Hi Simon,

not quite sure, but it seems to be a deep problem in MQ files because of the system crash.

Another possibility, are you using a floating license received from the client, then try to re-register your version.

Otherwise one could rather re-install MemoQ completely. This should restore MemoQ as it was before the crash, and then add your backuped TMs.

Hopefully this would be helpful.

Thanks and regards

Your Arabic Translation Team
Collapse

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
some important file got damaged Mar 4, 2010

Hello Simon,

I'm sure support can sort this out for you.

Best regards,
Gergely

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ not letting me open project after PC crash

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »