Thread poster: Metallica81
Metallica81
Metallica81
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:52
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 14, 2010

Yesterday, I started a new project on MemoQ and today, when I was trying to open it again, an error message showed up: "You are currently using MemoQ in 4Free Mode. MemoQ can only open projects with exactly one document and the corresponding translation memory".

What can I do for not having to start the project from the beginning since it was already at 40%?

Thanks,
Luís

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:52
French to Polish
+ ...
License problem? Feb 15, 2010

Luís Ferreira wrote:

Yesterday, I started a new project on MemoQ and today, when I was trying to open it again, an error message showed up: "You are currently using MemoQ in 4Free Mode. MemoQ can only open projects with exactly one document and the corresponding translation memory".

What can I do for not having to start the project from the beginning since it was already at 40%?

It seems it's a licensing problem.
Contact the support.
I assume you're using a "normal" MQ version, not the trial one which expires after 45 days.

PS.
Try to include the MQ version number in your posts.
As the 3.x-4.0 switch is on the road, some strange things may happen.
E.g. one of "my" academic licenses refuses to upgrade to 4.0...
It may be a stupid Kilgray's error.
But they're really fast to answer...

Cheers
GG

Metallica81
Metallica81
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:52
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Feb 15, 2010

Hello,

thanks for your reply. In fact, the problem was that one, the licence had expired. But I was contacted by a MemoQ administrator that extended it for more 7 days.

Bye,
Luís

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error opening project

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »