How can I use Trados Studio TBs in MemoQ 4?
Thread poster: Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 03:14
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Feb 7, 2010

In short: I have termbases in the Trados Studio format and I need to export and import them in MemoQ v4. So far none of the formats I have exported to is recognizable by MemoQ or it is being read incorrectly, so help is appreciated.

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:14
French to Polish
+ ...
Multiterm crap Feb 7, 2010

Pavel Tsvetkov wrote:

In short: I have termbases in the Trados Studio format and I need to export and import them in MemoQ v4. So far none of the formats I have exported to is recognizable by MemoQ or it is being read incorrectly, so help is appreciated.

All the Multiterm export filters are a mega crap.
I.e. none of them works as expected except the proprietary XML one.

If your TBs are simple (bilingual, 1:1, no additional info), you can use the built-in tab delimited export definition.
If your TBs are more complex, you should create your own definition in Multiterm.

Some workarounds are possible, e.g. you can export as XML or MT5 and use an external tool as converter.
Probably ApSIC Xbenh is the easier one.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I use Trados Studio TBs in MemoQ 4?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »