Error message received when trying to import .ppt file with memoQ 3.6.9 - help needed
Thread poster: Robin Schnoeckelborg
Robin Schnoeckelborg
Robin Schnoeckelborg  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 22:21
Japanese to German
+ ...
Jan 13, 2010

I use memoQ 3.6.9 (Standard) and am trying to import a Japanese .ppt file. I get an error message that I attached below.

I have Office2007 installed and tried other advice found on the memoQ website. Neither
"open as... pptx" nor re-saving the file as .pptx have gotten me any results.

Any advice?

Error message:

TYPE:
System.Exception

SOURCE:
... See more
I use memoQ 3.6.9 (Standard) and am trying to import a Japanese .ppt file. I get an error message that I attached below.

I have Office2007 installed and tried other advice found on the memoQ website. Neither

Any advice?

Error message:

TYPE:
System.Exception

SOURCE:
MemoQ.DocConverters.PPTX

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.DocConverters.PPTX.PPTXConverterConfiguration..ctor()
at MemoQ.DocConverters.PPTX.PPTXConverter..ctor()

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-01-13 16:10 GMT]
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:21
French to Polish
+ ...
Test another PPT(X) file Jan 13, 2010

Robin Schnoeckelborg wrote:

Any advice?

Error message:

TYPE:
System.Exception

quote]

First af all, test it with another PPT or PPTX file.
If you receive the same kind of message, it seems your MQ configuration is corrupt.

Some time ago, my MQ refused to import DOC(X) files, the solution was simple but somehow drastic i.e. uninstall and reinstall.
Less than 5 minutes.

Cheers
GG

Robin Schnoeckelborg
Robin Schnoeckelborg  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 22:21
Japanese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 14, 2010

GG, that did it. Other files got the same message, so I tried uninstalling. That didnt work because of uninsta000.dat missing, and that told me that something is wrong. A re-install fixed the issue.

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message received when trying to import .ppt file with memoQ 3.6.9 - help needed

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »