Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:14
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 14, 2009

Hello there everyone!

We have MemoQ Server with Online Documents. We regularly backup our server and are including the following folders, defined at the time of installing the server:
- Folder for translation memories
- Folder for projects
- Folder for termbases

Now the questions. I post this here as other users might be interested in knowing:

1. Where do we find general MemoQ Server data like user names, TMs, TBs, and projects in existenc
... See more
Hello there everyone!

We have MemoQ Server with Online Documents. We regularly backup our server and are including the following folders, defined at the time of installing the server:
- Folder for projects
- Folder for termbases

Now the questions. I post this here as other users might be interested in knowing:

1. Where do we find general MemoQ Server data like user names, TMs, TBs, and projects in existence, and other settings?

2. Can we customise the location of this "setting folder" described above, so that we can easily include it in a backup?

3. Should our server crash one day, can we safely believe that we can simply install the software again, restore the data to the folders, and MemoQ Server will identify all the information automatically again? Or will we have to set it all up again (I mean users, TMs and TBs in existence, projects in existence, etc.) from scratch?

Thanks a million in advance for any information!
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
SQL server backup... Nov 14, 2009

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

- Folder for projects
- Folder for termbases

uote]
Sorry for a very incomplete response, I'm in hurry.

Normally, the SQL servers cannot be backed up as classic file based translation memories, projects etc.
You must perform a SQL database backup, just google it.

Cheers
GG

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
Wikibook to the rescue Nov 15, 2009

Hello Tomas,

Please read this first. It should answer the first two questions.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/CAT-Tools/MemoQ/Tips_and_Tricks#Establishing_the_backup_procedure_for_MemoQ

We also have a guide about server migration, which is a related topic, and could help you here. I beleive we hav
... See more
Hello Tomas,

Please read this first. It should answer the first two questions.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/CAT-Tools/MemoQ/Tips_and_Tricks#Establishing_the_backup_procedure_for_MemoQ

We also have a guide about server migration, which is a related topic, and could help you here. I beleive we haven't published that yet, but I will leave a message here when we do, and I will send it to you (Tomas) by email.

Best reagrds,
Gergely
Collapse

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
guide in the Resource Center Dec 2, 2009

Our Resource Center now contains a guide on server migration, which can also be useful for anyone looking into implemeting a backup strategy for memoQ. To get it, please go to http://rc.kilgray.com , and you will find it in the User guides section.

Best regards,
Gergely

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ Server with Online Documents - What to include in a server backup

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »