Thread poster: Eugen01
Eugen01
Eugen01  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:29
German to Russian
+ ...
Sep 9, 2009

Is it possible to open files with extension .inx or .inx.ttx in MemoQ?

Maybe anybody has had this experience.

I've tried to open such files in MemoQ, with no luck.

Could it be that this feature comes in later versions of MemoQ?

Thank you!

Eugene

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Upgrade... TTX... Sep 9, 2009

Eugen01 wrote:

Is it possible to open files with extension .inx or .inx.ttx in MemoQ?
Maybe anybody has had this experience.

The .inx import may fail but the .inx.ttx should work.

I've tried to open such files in MemoQ, with no luck.
Could it be that this feature comes in later versions of MemoQ?

Just upgrade.
I have no longer 3.5.x version on my machines but it works on 3.6.

I tested it on some ttx files greater than 10 MB.
It may be slow (e.g. AFAIR 10 min for a 25 MB TTX file, I don't remember exactly).
I store the files on LAN, it may be faster on a local HDD.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2009-09-09 14:24 GMT]

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
both INX and TTX are supported Sep 11, 2009

...but there are a few things to look out for. First, let me clarify what these extensions mean. (Not neccessarily for you, but the people who might read this thread looking for inormation.)

INX is an export format of InDesign, a desktop publishing tool. TTX is the format of TagEditor, the legacy translation tool of Trados. An .inx.ttx extension means an INX file that has been prepared for translation in TagEditor. While it is possible to translate such a file in MemoQ, I would not
... See more
...but there are a few things to look out for. First, let me clarify what these extensions mean. (Not neccessarily for you, but the people who might read this thread looking for inormation.)

INX is an export format of InDesign, a desktop publishing tool. TTX is the format of TagEditor, the legacy translation tool of Trados. An .inx.ttx extension means an INX file that has been prepared for translation in TagEditor. While it is possible to translate such a file in MemoQ, I would not recommend this, as MemoQ can deal with INX files directly. Using Trados to prepare the file only complicates the process.

All editions of MemoQ are able to import these formats. TTX files need to be fully segmented to avoid errors in MemoQ. Detailed instructions can be found here:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/CAT-Tools/MemoQ/FAQ#I.27ve_been_sent_a_TTX_file_.28TagEditor.29.2C_will_I_be_able_to_translate_it_using_MemoQ.3F

A video version created by Denis Hay:
http://www.denishay.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9:work-on-ttx-tageditor-files-using-memoq&catid=1:articles&Itemid=5

INX files created by InDesign CS4 are not yet supported. MemoQ supports InDesign CS2 and CS3.

Best regards,
Gergely Vandor

Kilgray
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open .inx or .inx.ttx files with MemoQ 3.5.19 "for free"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »