Thread poster: Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:00
German to English
+ ...
Jul 27, 2009

Being a long-time DVX user, one of the first things I did to get productive quickly when I switched to MemoQ was to reconfigure my most frequently used keyboard shortcuts to be the same on both platforms. These are my personal preferences, not a comprehensive effort. If anyone wants the file, it can be downloaded from here. It can then be imported to the current version of MemoQ (3.5) vi... See more
Being a long-time DVX user, one of the first things I did to get productive quickly when I switched to MemoQ was to reconfigure my most frequently used keyboard shortcuts to be the same on both platforms. These are my personal preferences, not a comprehensive effort. If anyone wants the file, it can be downloaded from here. It can then be imported to the current version of MemoQ (3.5) via Tools > Options > Customize keyboard shortcuts > Import.Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:00
German to English
Very Useful Jul 27, 2009

Since I've reached an age at which my capacity to learn new things is rapidly dwindling, it's good to be able to apply existing habits to new software products.

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:00
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Everyone should do this Jul 27, 2009

Kevin Fulton wrote:
...it's good to be able to apply existing habits to new software products.

Someone told me the new Trados Studio 2009 can do this to some extent too, but I don't know if that is really true. As far as I am concerned, every TEnT vendor should offer this feature. Too many of us suffer neurokinetic overload switching from one program to another all the time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX keyboard shortcut settings available for MemoQ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »