Arkadi Burkov
Arkadi Burkov  Identity Verified
Belarus
Local time: 18:50
English to Russian
May 14, 2009

Hello everyone

I would greatly appreciate your help with two questions:

1. Can I scale up the fonts used for the target and source segments and fix them at the selected value?
2. Can simply I highlight the parts I want to revisit later rather than leave a comment?

Thank you

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:50
English to French
Ideas May 15, 2009

1. Go to Tools menu>Appearence/locations category
2. Marking segments can probably be done using the Find/replace feature. Otherwise you use Enter only so that the semgnt is not confirmed, then use Edit>GotoNext settings to browse through unconfirmed segments at the end.

Hope it helps,
Philippe

Arkadi Burkov
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
one more question:) May 15, 2009

Philippe Etienne wrote:

1. Go to Tools menu>Appearence/locations category
2. Marking segments can probably be done using the Find/replace feature. Otherwise you use Enter only so that the semgnt is not confirmed, then use Edit>GotoNext settings to browse through unconfirmed segments at the end.

Hope it helps,
Philippe

Hi Etienne

Many thanks for your help:)
One more question, if you allow me. Currently MQ doesn't fill the target segment with matches (I have to use ctrl+space to get the match). What can I do about it?

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:50
English to French
Pre-translate and Autopropagate May 15, 2009

Arkadi Burkov wrote:
...Currently MQ doesn't fill the target segment with matches (I have to use ctrl+space to get the match). What can I do about it?

Translation menu>Pre-translate, then set the appropriate settings to your liking.
In the Tools menu, click Autopropagation and set the suitable settings.

I will try to find a video introduction to MemoQ, it was very interesting and free, but I can't remember where I viewed it. I will post the link if I find it.

A very serious alternative to Trados if you ask me.
Enjoy,
Philippe

Edit: some useful resources:
Video on introduction and tips (hosted by proz.com):
http://www.fliqz.com/aspx/permalinkblank.aspx?vid=072e39c8b9bbe61e55fe182ef15955e8
An old getting started guide
http://www.kilgray.com/memoq/MemoQGettingStarted_EN.pdf
An upcoming free webinar on proz
http://www.proz.com/webinars/1642

[Edited at 2009-05-15 18:06 GMT]

Arkadi Burkov
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again:) May 15, 2009

I will try to find a video introduction to MemoQ, it was very interesting and free, but I can't remember where I viewed it. I will post the link if I find it.

Great!

A very serious alternative to Trados if you ask me.

That's true. Fantastic software. I am seriously thinking of switching to it from my current major CAT tool, which is Trados.

[Edited at 2009-05-15 18:09 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fonts and Comment Feature

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »