Thread poster: simon tanner
simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:46
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 24, 2008

When starting a new translation, is it possible to have the program insert the source segment texts into all of the translation segments for which matches are not found in the TM, as in SDLX? This would save a great deal of time, especially when you have a text full of figures, and keep finding yourself having to press ctrl+shift+s. Even in texts without figures, I prefer to overwrite to ensure no mistakes in copying names etc, so nearly always end up pasting the source text into the target segm... See more
When starting a new translation, is it possible to have the program insert the source segment texts into all of the translation segments for which matches are not found in the TM, as in SDLX? This would save a great deal of time, especially when you have a text full of figures, and keep finding yourself having to press ctrl+shift+s. Even in texts without figures, I prefer to overwrite to ensure no mistakes in copying names etc, so nearly always end up pasting the source text into the target segment. Just wondered if this could be automated in MemoQ.
Thanks!

[Edited at 2008-11-24 16:05 GMT]
Collapse

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
Try the "copy source to target where empty" command... Nov 24, 2008

...from the Translation menu.

If you want to do this only for segments with no match from the TM, that's a bit of work, but not very difficult.

-Pretranslate the document or project the way you want it. Use the Pre-translate command from the File menu. You may want to pretranslate only segments that have exact matches or "good" matches, for example.

-Now you can use "Copy source to target where empty".

I hope this helps.

Bests,... See more
...from the Translation menu.

If you want to do this only for segments with no match from the TM, that's a bit of work, but not very difficult.

-Pretranslate the document or project the way you want it. Use the Pre-translate command from the File menu. You may want to pretranslate only segments that have exact matches or "good" matches, for example.

-Now you can use "Copy source to target where empty".

I hope this helps.

Bests,
Gergely
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
yes Nov 24, 2008

Hello,

yes you can set this in the options or run a translate batch job with segmentation of all unkown sentences.

Hans

simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Nov 24, 2008

I thought it had to be possible, just wasn't looking in the right place. Am still finding my way round the program, but so far am very impressed. MUCH prefer it to Trados, and even to SDLX, which is my usual software. Thanks for the help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

insert source text when no TM match found

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »