HELP!!!!! MemoQ will not export a Powerpoint file!
Thread poster: Rebecca Lyne
Rebecca Lyne
Rebecca Lyne
France
French to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2008

Any MemoQ experts out there!!! This is urgent!!

I am getting a "failed" error when I attempt to export my document. Any wizards out there!!

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:52
French to English
Suggestion Oct 8, 2008

For quick help, I've heard the yahoo group is very helpful. Maybe send an e-mail to support for good measure.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MemoQ/

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:52
English to Turkish
+ ...
Additional info please Oct 30, 2008

MemoQ version:
PowerPoint version:

Cedomir Pusica
Cedomir Pusica  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2009)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Same here Mar 5, 2010

Hi!

I'm having the same problem when trying to export document from MemoQ. Namely, there have been some warnings and errors that MemoQ wants me to resolve before exporting a Word document (2003 version). I tried to do that, namely, in the Resolve errors and warnings window I checked - Resolved, next to each sentence that contained a problem, but it wouldn't work. I tried many options, but failed to hit the right one, obviously.

I am using the 4.0 MemoQ free trial versi
... See more
Hi!

I'm having the same problem when trying to export document from MemoQ. Namely, there have been some warnings and errors that MemoQ wants me to resolve before exporting a Word document (2003 version). I tried to do that, namely, in the Resolve errors and warnings window I checked - Resolved, next to each sentence that contained a problem, but it wouldn't work. I tried many options, but failed to hit the right one, obviously.

I am using the 4.0 MemoQ free trial version.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Collapse

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Resolve the errors... Mar 5, 2010

Cedomir Pusica wrote:

errors that MemoQ wants me to resolve before exporting a Word document (2003 version). I tried to do that, namely, in the Resolve errors and warnings window I checked - Resolved, next to each sentence that contained a problem

How about actually resolving the errors instead of just ticking "resolved"...?

Cedomir Pusica
Serbia
Member (2009)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Interesting suggestion... Mar 5, 2010

The fact is that there is nothing to resolve, or at least I don't know how to do that. Namely, the source text had some segments with {} marks in between - but they just won't disappear when I try to edit the source text. It always goes back to the old ways.

(sigh)

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
copy the tags Mar 5, 2010

Cedomir Pusica wrote:
the source text had some segments with {} marks in between - but they just won't disappear when I try to edit the source text.

You can't remove the format tags ({number}) from the source. They need to be present in the target cell (you can insert them by pressing F8). There's no exception to this rule. Fix the tags and the file will export fine.

Cedomir Pusica
Serbia
Member (2009)
English to Serbian
+ ...
That's exactly it! Mar 5, 2010

Thanks Tomasz!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
All tags must be there! Mar 5, 2010

Tomasz Sienicki wrote:
You can't remove the format tags ({number}) from the source. They need to be present in the target cell (you can insert them by pressing F8). There's no exception to this rule. Fix the tags and the file will export fine.

Exactly. This is even more critical in the case of the Powerpoint filter, which seems to be very picky with tags. All tags must be there!

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Are you using PPT 2007? Mar 19, 2010

If you are, please use the PPTX file format instead of PPT.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP!!!!! MemoQ will not export a Powerpoint file!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »