Thread poster: Mei Li Chea
Mei Li Chea
Mei Li Chea
Chile
Local time: 13:59
English to Spanish
Dec 11, 2019

Good day everyone.

My question is regarding the date format for an Amendment Agreement. I was under the impression that all numbers should be written in words and not in numbers and this included dates, money amounts and any other number needed. However, I have seen documents with dates written fully in numbers, but all other numbers from the document written in words. As far as I have known, there is no clear rule on the format, but it is important that you choose one and then be c
... See more
Good day everyone.

My question is regarding the date format for an Amendment Agreement. I was under the impression that all numbers should be written in words and not in numbers and this included dates, money amounts and any other number needed. However, I have seen documents with dates written fully in numbers, but all other numbers from the document written in words. As far as I have known, there is no clear rule on the format, but it is important that you choose one and then be consistent with it throughout the document.

The problem is that recently I encountered a document with a mix of styles. It has the day of the date in numbers and the year in words (April 22 nineteen ninety nine), and it just seems off to me. I haven't been able to find more information about it, so I was wondering if you could explain this a little for me.

Is it correct to use both styles together or should I choose one and that's it?.

Kind regards,
Collapse

Paweł Hamerski (X)
Paweł Hamerski (X)
Local time: 17:59
English to Polish
+ ...
It is not up to the translator to choose such things. If the date is written in numbers it shall Dec 11, 2019

remain so in the translated version.

Tina Vonhof (X)
Josephine Cassar
Angie Garbarino

Mei Li Chea
Mei Li Chea
Chile
Local time: 13:59
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you!! Dec 11, 2019

That clarifies things a lot.

Thank you very much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Date format for an Amendment Agreement

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »