Need to choose an interpreting class ...
Thread poster: Sonja Dodard
Sonja Dodard
Sonja Dodard
United Kingdom
French to German
+ ...
Sep 18, 2018

Good afternoon

I fancy a career change after many years as a PA - and becoming an interpreter sounds like an exciting new career path.

I have attended (and passed) an assessment to become a Community Interpreter and I will attend another assessment for the DPI/DPSI on Friday this week.

Working for the police has always been my dream and this might be my chance to realise it now. But is German actually required?

There is no work for German-sp
... See more
Good afternoon

I fancy a career change after many years as a PA - and becoming an interpreter sounds like an exciting new career path.

I have attended (and passed) an assessment to become a Community Interpreter and I will attend another assessment for the DPI/DPSI on Friday this week.

Working for the police has always been my dream and this might be my chance to realise it now. But is German actually required?

There is no work for German-speaking Community Interpreters (but I could do French instead).

I could therefore either tempt my chance using my French as a Community Interpreter or in DPI/DPSI or choose another programme altogether and work in German in the private sector. I would only like to work part time, a couple of hours/week.

Could I ask for your opinions, please? Or could you recommend another course?

Thank you very much!

Sonja
(based in London)
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 02:58
English to Thai
+ ...
Online training materials Sep 18, 2018

On recent days I find so many valuable materials to practice professional interpretation levels. I prefer YouTube videos that offer legal, medical, whisper, business, consecutive, simultaneous interpretation at sight.

Why not try these first, Or are you seeking human connection network instead?

Regards,

Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need to choose an interpreting class ...

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »