Marta Zielińska Moyce
Marta Zielińska Moyce
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:55
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 17, 2018

Dear interpreters!

I am a postgraduate student at MA in Conference Interpreting at London Metropolitan University.

I am currently writing my dissertation. It's aim is to examine what language interpreters take notes in when interpreting consecutively (I'm focusing on long consecutive - speeches of 6 mins long with notes). I'm looking for volunteers, experienced conference interpreters with Polish A and English B, to take part in an empirical study.

What wi
... See more
Dear interpreters!

I am a postgraduate student at MA in Conference Interpreting at London Metropolitan University.

I am currently writing my dissertation. It's aim is to examine what language interpreters take notes in when interpreting consecutively (I'm focusing on long consecutive - speeches of 6 mins long with notes). I'm looking for volunteers, experienced conference interpreters with Polish A and English B, to take part in an empirical study.

What will you be required to do
First of all, you will need to complete a short questionnaire (10 questions). The study itself will involve a consecutive interpretation with notes into and out of Polish. The topic will be general. The interpretations will be recorded. I ask the participants to share their notes with me which I will need for the purpose of analysis. The experiment is anonymous and I will not share your personal data with anyone. The interpretations and notes will only be used for the purpose of my dissertation.

If you're interested please contact me on [email protected]

I will be really grateful for your help.

With kind regards

Marta Zielińska-Moyce

[Edited at 2018-06-17 19:41 GMT]
Collapse

Kevin Skinner
Kevin Skinner
United States
seems like a good idea! Aug 21, 2020

WOW! seems like a good idea! I am a student too, and a not long time ago I had to write an essay(it is like a dissertation in my university). It was too hard for me, and I didn't have enough time for it.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MA dissertation research in consecutive interpreting

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »