Thread poster: Eunike Angela
Eunike Angela
Eunike Angela
Indonesia
Local time: 21:03
English to Indonesian
Nov 11, 2020

Hi Everyone,
i would like ask names of organizations that are willing to give (positive) reviews, feedbacks, ratings on our profile on proz and other platforms ? i contacted them, but most of them can not give, but only recommendation letters. is there any previous forums that show polls about how important to be a volunteer is to start a translation career or how many people agree with being a volunteer ?

thankyou in advance

David Jones
David Jones  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 22:03
Chinese to English
+ ...
Somethings I found on Google Nov 13, 2020

I'm not sure if this will be much help to you but this is what I found on Google...

https://www.tomedes.com/translator-hub/how-to-get-translation-jobs-without-experience.php

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:03
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
That blog is an example of the worst sort of self-advertising Nov 13, 2020

David Jones wrote:

I'm not sure if this will be much help to you but this is what I found on Google...

https://www.tomedes.com/translator-hub/how-to-get-translation-jobs-without-experience.php

"Although agencies do take a cut of your paycheque, many translators - both inexperienced and professional alike - find that this is a happy compromise that works for them."

What a totally misleading thing to say! Agencies don't take a cut -- they are our clients! When quoting to their own clients, they add a markup to our fee.

And then they give their own translator application form -- what a cheek! They're specifically addressing people who want to volunteer their services, so they're now trying to reel them in and pay a pittance for commercial work. Please, please, don't contact them. They really should be slammed for doing that.

David Jones
David Jones  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 22:03
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thanks for the clarification! Nov 16, 2020

Glad you cleared that up for me

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

an organization where we can volunteer that can give feedbacks

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »