School me on what stats (if any) XTRF collects and shows our PM's
Thread poster: Adieu
Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Apr 2, 2021

Can somebody who has used XTRF on the Translation Management side rather than the Vendor side demystify the system a bit?

What exactly does a PM see when deciding who to give jobs to?

I'm assuming there's a list of available providers in a category. What else?
Project price automatically calculated at each person's rates on the selection screen, or does that require further effort to find? What do they see immediately, total project price, main rate, minimum rate
... See more
Can somebody who has used XTRF on the Translation Management side rather than the Vendor side demystify the system a bit?

What exactly does a PM see when deciding who to give jobs to?

I'm assuming there's a list of available providers in a category. What else?
Project price automatically calculated at each person's rates on the selection screen, or does that require further effort to find? What do they see immediately, total project price, main rate, minimum rate for jobs, all of the above?

General availability?
Last login?
Last completed job date?
Acceptance rate (% of job offers taken)?
Reliability rate (% timely completion)?
Sum total of business done with said vendor?
Comments, remarks, complaints about the person?
Amazon/Uber-style star rating (idk lol)?

Which of this data, if any, is front and center, and what requires further digging that lazy PMs are unlikely to get into?

Is there any less obvious stat that gets shown prominently, like early delivery rate (presumably a good thing) or average # of email interactions per project (which, if tracked, might show you in a bad light as a PITA to deal with)?

Anything else? Thanks.

[Edited at 2021-04-02 10:44 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

School me on what stats (if any) XTRF collects and shows our PM's

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »