segments updating across the whole file, instead of individually?
Thread poster: Maria Silvestri
Maria Silvestri
Maria Silvestri  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2010)
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 1, 2017

For the file I'm working on now, I'm having trouble with the way segments automatically update across the entire file, when for the same original Slovak, there are three possibilities through the document.
For the segment Kostol sv. in Slovak, in English it could be either:
Chuch of St.
Church of Sts.
Church of the Holy
I'm not sure how to prevent this from updating across the whole file when I change a particular segment - which is a kind of big deal with this par
... See more
For the file I'm working on now, I'm having trouble with the way segments automatically update across the entire file, when for the same original Slovak, there are three possibilities through the document.
For the segment Kostol sv. in Slovak, in English it could be either:
Chuch of St.
Church of Sts.
Church of the Holy
I'm not sure how to prevent this from updating across the whole file when I change a particular segment - which is a kind of big deal with this particular project. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Collapse

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 01:08
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Disable Auto-propagation? Sep 1, 2017

Maria Silvestri wrote:
I'm not sure how to prevent this from updating across the whole file when I change a particular segment

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but you can disable auto-propagation: Preferences | Auto-propagation.
You can even disable it for "backward propagation" ("retropagation") in the same window.

Cheers,

Hans

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 20:08
Do not propagate Sep 1, 2017

Open the context menu with the right mouse button, above the source segment. Choose Do not propagate (deselect Propagate segment).

Maria Silvestri
Maria Silvestri  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2010)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 1, 2017

I'm on a Mac, so I was able to turn off auto-propagation in Preferences, but not by right clicking on any menus. Still worked, so I'm back to work without being frustrated!

Thanks for your quick response!

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 20:08
Context menu Sep 1, 2017

CMD+Left Mouse Button while the mouse pointer is positioned over the source segment editor: https://youtu.be/BwCtXcda5w4

[Edited at 2017-09-01 18:15 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

segments updating across the whole file, instead of individually?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »