ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:58
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 5, 2016

Hello,
I'm working on a long document with lots of footnotes. So I would like to translate the footnotes when they come up in the main text, but somehow I can't find them. Is there a possibility to locate the footnotes? (I know that I can jump to a specific segment by typing the number into the search field, but as I don't know the number of the footnote segment, this doesn't help me ...)
Thank you for your advice and best regards,
Irene

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Search source Dec 5, 2016

ibz wrote:

Is there a possibility to locate the footnotes?

You can search for the source text of the footnote:

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 18.53.55

It would be nice to be able to click on the tag for the footnote and then jump to it.

[Edited at 2016-12-05 19:54 GMT]

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hm Dec 6, 2016

Thanks for your reply and yes, I know, it sounds stupid: But somehow I managed to hide the toolbar at the top of the window where I could type in search terms. What can I do to make it visible again?
Thanks for your help! (BTW: I'm using the CafeTran Espresso 2016 Ichiro)

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Toolbar hidden? Dec 6, 2016

ibz wrote:

Thanks for your reply and yes, I know, it sounds stupid: But somehow I managed to hide the toolbar at the top of the window where I could type in search terms. What can I do to make it visible again?
Thanks for your help! (BTW: I'm using the CafeTran Espresso 2016 Ichiro)

Is Views > Toolbars > Hide toolbars ticked?

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Dec 6, 2016

No, that's the first thing I thought about, but no, it's not ticked.

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Quick Search Dec 6, 2016

I found the solution: Click on «Quick search»!
But another question: I (also accidentally) reversed the order of the three panels at the bottom of the window. How do I rearrange these?
And once again sorry for all these questions: I'm still a Cafetran beginner, but I'm very enthusiastic about this programme.

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Tabs order Dec 6, 2016

Hi,

If you mean the order of the tabs, right-click at the tab's title and choose Dock tab to... to move it to your preferred tab position.

ibz wrote:

I found the solution: Click on «Quick search»!
But another question: I (also accidentally) reversed the order of the three panels at the bottom of the window. How do I rearrange these?
And once again sorry for all these questions: I'm still a Cafetran beginner, but I'm very enthusiastic about this programme.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Footnote

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »