How is the French-Portuguese translation market?
Thread poster: Juliano Martins
Juliano Martins
Juliano Martins  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:50
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 14, 2020

Hi everyone,

I am curious about the volume of French into Portuguese jobs. What do you have to say?

I realized a decrease in my workflow in this language pair.

Regards!

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:50
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Juliano Aug 14, 2020

I’ve been translating for over 35 years and during the first 10/15 years translation from English and from French was almost 50-50 (by then I lived in a francophone country), but for the last 20 years or so translation from French has been decreasing year after year. Nowadays, all my regular customers (those with whom I work every month) deal mostly with English. Fortunately, I have two customers who send me work every 3/6 months in French and one of these has long projects (over 30,000 words)... See more
I’ve been translating for over 35 years and during the first 10/15 years translation from English and from French was almost 50-50 (by then I lived in a francophone country), but for the last 20 years or so translation from French has been decreasing year after year. Nowadays, all my regular customers (those with whom I work every month) deal mostly with English. Fortunately, I have two customers who send me work every 3/6 months in French and one of these has long projects (over 30,000 words), “sinon je risque de tout oublier”…Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How is the French-Portuguese translation market?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »