This course is designed to help you move from SDL Trados 2007 to SDL Trados Studio 2011 seamlessly and to get you started with SDL Trados Studio 2011 quickly, so that you can work productively with your solution from day one. The following topics are covered:
- SDL Trados 2007 vs. SDL Trados Studio 2011 - overview
- upgrading translation memories, termbases, and tag settings files
- AutoSuggest™ dictionary generation
- translating files in SDL Trados Studio 2011
- processing legacy files in SDL Trados Studio 2011 (TTX, ITD, bilingual MS Word files)
- seamless integration of SDL Trados Studio 2011 users into SDL Trados 2007/SDLX 2007 based supply chains
This course is designed for translators who want to move from SDL Trados 2007 / SDLX 2007 platforms to the new SDL Trados Studio 2011. This course is also relevant for project managers who need to how migrate their language resources (e.g. translation memories) to the new SDL Trados Studio 2011 platform.
This course has the following prerequisites:
- familiarity with CAT technologies such as translation memories and termbases
- knowledge of SDL Trados 2007 /SDLX 2007
- basic understanding of PCs, the Windows operating system and MS Word
SDL TRADOS Certification:
There is no exam for this course in particular, but it provides all the knowledge that you need to move straight to the SDL Trados 2011 Studio Part II (Intermediate) course.
The SDL Trados™ Certification program enables individual translators and project managers to validate their knowledge and expertise in the use of SDL Trados products. Achieving SDL Trados Certification demonstrates that you are fully prepared to work with the world’s leading translation technology.
Certification in SDL Trados Studio 2011 product can be achieved by taking the following web based exams:
- SDL Trados Studio 2011 Part I (Getting Started) Level 1 exam
- SDL Trados Studio 2011 Part II (Intermediate) Level 2 exam
- SDL Trados Studio 2011 Part III (Advanced) Level 3 exam
The exam questions are based on the topics covered in the corresponding SDL Trados Studio 2011 course e.g. attendance on the SDL Trados Studio 2011 Part II (Intermediate) course, followed by practical experience of the topics covered, will prepare attendees to take the SDL Trados Studio 2011 Level 2 exam.
Each exam consists of 40 questions and lasts 40 minutes. Attendees take their exams by logging into their SDL My Account and selecting the My Certification area, where their exams and corresponding training manuals can be found. Attendees will be advised on completion of their exam whether they have passed or need to retake.
At the end of this course attendees will have covered all of the topics necessary to significantly increase translation speeds and productivity.
- SDL Trados Studio 2011 Part II (Intermediate), which will teach you to go beyond the basics for more effective handling of translation projects
- SDL Trados Studio 2011 Advanced, which will teach you to leverage advanced functionality to get the most out of the product
- SDL MultiTerm 2011 course, which will teach you the key functionality of SDL MultiTerm 2011
See upcoming courses here.
For further information on any of our courses, training delivery options and course dates, the SDL TRADOS Certification programme or course fees please contact us