An introduction to CAT tools and an overview and comparison of the five CAT tools: SDL Trados Studio 2009, Wordfast (Classic & Pro), Across, memoQ and Atril Déjà vu,
This video is an overview of the principles of translation memory systems and a comparison and analysis of the main CAT tools available in the market: SDL Trados Studio 2009, Wordfast (Classic & Pro), Across, memoQ and Atril Déjà vu.
Topics covered during the presentation:
Part 1: PowerPoint presentation with key features (will be available after the presentation)
* General information on the company of the tool
* Overview of different product versions
* An overview of the different key modules of a translation memory tool
* Integrated project management
* Translation memory
* Translation environment
* Terminology database
* An overview of the supported file formats
* Price information if available
Part 2: demonstration of the system
* Translation Memory is prefilled with demo data (tmx file will be available for the participants)
* Terminology database is prefilled with a couple of entries (csv file will be available for the participants)
* Translation of a Word document as an example showing the key features of the translation process:
* Project creation/ import of the document / opening a document
* Definition of the language combination and integrating a TM and a terminology database for this specific language combination
* The translation environment and the translation process
* Finishing a translation
* Exporting the translation /creating the translation
• Translators who have never used cat tools.
• Beginner CAT tool users.
• CAT tool users who want to gain an insight on the benefits of the different tools available in the market.
Click to expand
• ProZ.com videos require a current flash player http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
• With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Price and access information
Click to expand
Price : 15 USD
After you purchase access to this video please visit this link:
Bio: Dr. Nicole Keller holds a degree in translation from English and Spanish to German, having studied at the Institute of Translating and Interpreting in Heidelberg, Germany. After two and a half years of working in the industry, she went back to school and earned her Ph.D., focusing on terminology databases and their integration into the translation memory environment. In 2004 she began lecturing at the Institute of Translating and Interpreting, specializing in the comparison of translation memory systems and terminology databases. She also integrated these tools into hands-on English into German translation courses.
Today she is a part-time university lecturer in Heidelberg, a freelance trainer and consultant for translation tools technology, and still works as a freelance translator.
Si noti che il progetto non è ancora completato. La localizzazione sta procedendo per gradi, dando la priorità alle parti più frequentate del sito. Se trovate un errore in una qualunque parte già localizzata, siete pregati di contattare uno dei coordinatori del team di localizzazione, i cui nomi sono indicati qui sopra. Grazie.
Per informazioni su come è possibile aiutare a localizzare il sito, fare clic qui.