"The Language of Science and Education: An Expanded Glossary" now available in English and Arabic

This discussion belongs to Translation news » ""The Language of Science and Education: An Expanded Glossary" now available in English and Arabic".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 14:12
English to Arabic
+ ...
Interesting article about a new bilingual reference May 2, 2017

Greetings.

Many thanks for this post here in < proz.com >.

I visited the original website at U of Arkansas and asked for direct contact data to connect with Dr. McComas.

As a long-time Arabic linguist, educator and developer / presenter of courses in both ESL (ESP) and Teaching of Arabic as a Foreign Language (TAFL), I look forward to reviewing a copy for likely recommendation (there are very, very few comparable specialized bilingual reference in this language
... See more
Greetings.

Many thanks for this post here in < proz.com >.

I visited the original website at U of Arkansas and asked for direct contact data to connect with Dr. McComas.

As a long-time Arabic linguist, educator and developer / presenter of courses in both ESL (ESP) and Teaching of Arabic as a Foreign Language (TAFL), I look forward to reviewing a copy for likely recommendation (there are very, very few comparable specialized bilingual reference in this language pair, and most of those are from publishing houses in Beirut or UK., and not cheap or adequate).

If this book is now, or may become, available in convenient soft cover / paperback edition from the publisher in Saudi Arabia, this new book could well fill a niche in some planned ESP and TAFL university-level courses.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke, San Pedro, California, USA
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"The Language of Science and Education: An Expanded Glossary" now available in English and Arabic

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »