Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
Local time: 11:38
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Accepted and implemented Jul 14, 2016

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel wrote:

This is a very nice feature. I think it would be better if the app had the option to add the jobs/projects to this schedule automatically, maybe on the date and time of the deadline? This way we will have the information gathered in one place, so that we can plan our schedule better. What do you think?

Dear Yiftah,

Thank you for the response and testing! Very much appreciated. Fully agree with proposed improvement. And not only agree, but already implemented it. Now, when creating a new project, system automatically adds a new appointment to the scheduler. Start date is project date, end date - project deadline, subject - can be set in the Settings on the Profile page. You can use a number of variables in the subject string. For example:

"Working on the project {0}" - will turn into "Working on the project 155" (project number)
"Working on the project {0}, field {4}" - will turn into "Working on the project 155, field: Technical"

There are hints for all variables, so it will be easy to compose your own string if you don't like the default one.
Of course, you can change any details of the created appointment, or even delete it.

Again, thank you! And hope to see more requests

Olga Koepping
Olga Koepping  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:38
German to English
+ ...
my favourite tricky expression! Jul 14, 2016

"It's a pity to spoil the ship for a ha'pworth of tar" - totally off-topic here, but that is my all-time favourite expression because it once came up in an interpreting job, a barrister said it, and I had to try to put it into German - I found some probably lame work-around, but the expression always reminds me of that exquisite moment of panic!

Tom in London wrote:

Vladimir Morozov wrote:

as there are many typos.

Indeed - such as "Track customer balances for a given time period, and never loose anything." The poor English is a shame because the design of the website is very good. It's a pity to spoil the ship for a ha'pworth of tar.

[Edited at 2016-06-14 15:26 GMT]

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Aim to fix Jul 14, 2016

Olga Koepping wrote:

"It's a pity to spoil the ship for a ha'pworth of tar" - totally off-topic here, but that is my all-time favourite expression because it once came up in an interpreting job, a barrister said it, and I had to try to put it into German - I found some probably lame work-around, but the expression always reminds me of that exquisite moment of panic!

The poor English is a shame because the design of the website is very good. It's a pity to spoil the ship for a ha'pworth of tar.

[Edited at 2016-06-14 15:26 GMT]

Dear Olga,

It's also pity to get comments about an issue which was corrected in a few minutes after that old comment has been posted here. The only result is killing of the initiative. Yes, English isn't my native language, but revising work also goes on continuously, and I also have a positive opinion from my colleague from USA about the language. You also have a mistake in your message (favourite), but is it too bad? Just a typo which can be easily corrected.

[Редактировалось 2016-07-14 15:39 GMT]

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Large update Jul 19, 2016

Large update today. Second to none feature: Invoice template editing. Not it's possible to create own invoice templates using built-in extensive editor, which allows to implement any creative idea, it's easy to use and much more flexible than Word or Excel.

And thanks to all who registered in the system, uses it and supports me! We'll make the best tool for translators.

[Редактировалось 2016-07-19 11:33 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:38
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great first impression Jul 19, 2016

As I begin to try out the application, I just wanted to share that I really like the interface. Maybe because of my old age, but I really need clear interfaces, big buttons, and clear explanations. IBACCS clearly gives me that.

I will be back with more feedback as I reflect my daily business in the system to see what happens! It will mean lots of defining at the beginning, but it looks promising.

Eugene, I would like to ask you the following already:
- As you know
... See more
As I begin to try out the application, I just wanted to share that I really like the interface. Maybe because of my old age, but I really need clear interfaces, big buttons, and clear explanations. IBACCS clearly gives me that.

I will be back with more feedback as I reflect my daily business in the system to see what happens! It will mean lots of defining at the beginning, but it looks promising.

Eugene, I would like to ask you the following already:
- As you know, we all have NDAs and handle information that has to be kept private. What reassurance can you give us that you cannot see/use/disclose the information we add to the system? Does the system prevent that, or do we have to take your word for it?

- What reassurance can you give us that your ISP is a reliable one and will not leave us in a bind eventually?

- Is your ISP based in Bielorussia? I ask because there could be law in many EU countries (as it happens in Spain) prohibiting us from storing customer data in locations outside the European Economic Area, to which -- if I am not mistaken -- Bielorrusia does not belong. What would be your chances to host the service in a country of the EEA?

Thanks a million in advance!

[Edited at 2016-07-19 14:57 GMT]
Collapse

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Good questions! Jul 20, 2016

Hello, Tomas,

Thanks for the impressions! I'll try to answer everything in short:

I really need clear interfaces, big buttons, and clear explanations. IBACCS clearly gives me that.

Yes, I also don't like modern interfaces too much. They take all screen space, but display minimum data. As an accountant (far past), I intended to create a UI which allows to display as many rows or fields as possible.

What reassurance can you give us that you cannot see/use/disclose the information we add to the system? Does the system prevent that, or do we have to take your word for it?

This is a very important question. I think (not sure) that every service provider has full access to the database stored on their server. Cloud technologies gave us comfort and ease of content delivery, subscription-based services and questions about data security. I'm not strong in legal affairs but there are a few considerations about this:
- Privacy policy on the website
- My intention to gain reputation. I never tried to look what my users added in the system. No one has access to the database except me. If to simply open database table, it won't be possible to understand the information you view.
- I have to think about providing a signed NDA to my users. But not sure if we need it, cause no any cloud app provides this.
- To keep information away from anyone, it should be stored explicitly on your PC. I was thinking a long time which technology to use for my app: cloud or desktop. And decided to start with cloud (website) due to extensive possibilities like quick app updates, reliable data storage (less chances to loose the data you forgot to backup, server creates backups automatically), possibility to login from any place etc. My personal opinion: desktop apps are better. And creation of the desktop app is included into Roadmap (link on the main page). It won't be free, as the web-app. How do you think, do we need desktop app?

Underlining, there should be no worries that someone will ever view your data. It even will be difficult if you ask me to do so (I mean that there are no any tools to view user's data).

What reassurance can you give us that your ISP is a reliable one and will not leave us in a bind eventually?

At the moment we have 2 years until web hosting expires. This is standard term and of course it will be regularly prolonged.

Is your ISP based in Bielorussia? I ask because there could be law in many EU countries (as it happens in Spain) prohibiting us from storing customer data in locations outside the European Economic Area, to which -- if I am not mistaken -- Bielorrusia does not belong. What would be your chances to host the service in a country of the EEA?

I use www.smarterasp.net to host website and database. Datacenters are located in USA. I didn't know about storage requirements (in the EU). Is it critical? In this case, desktop version becomes more interesting.

[Редактировалось 2016-07-21 05:35 GMT]

Szymon Metkowski
Szymon Metkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
Great idea, just 2 questions before I invest time into it Jul 24, 2016

Great idea. I will test drive the app provided there are 2 functions essential to me:

1. Offline backup so that my data does not disapper when the app does.

2. Synchronized mobile versions - do you have it / plan it? I would like to have the app on every plattform I use (Windows / IOS).

Please just answer shortly to these two issues and I will gladly run a test for a couple of months. I have been looking for some time to switch from good old TO3000. This mi
... See more
Great idea. I will test drive the app provided there are 2 functions essential to me:

1. Offline backup so that my data does not disapper when the app does.

2. Synchronized mobile versions - do you have it / plan it? I would like to have the app on every plattform I use (Windows / IOS).

Please just answer shortly to these two issues and I will gladly run a test for a couple of months. I have been looking for some time to switch from good old TO3000. This might be it!

Best,
Szymon
Collapse

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Short answers :) Jul 25, 2016

Hello, Szymon,

I'm glad to answer your questions, and sorry for some delay (because of the weekend).

1. Offline backup so that my data does not disappear when the app does.

Data security questions look to be the most important. There is already offline backup function implemented, and can be found on the Profile page. It allows to get all your data in one xml file. Structure is very simple. I'll add an article into documentation describing structure of the backup file.

Plus, I've started to work on desktop version. It will be released during 1 year. Maybe earlier. So there will be a choice which version to use. Maybe there will be synchronization between web and desktop versions. But for sure it will be possible to restore data from this xml file and keep it explicitly offline, without any worries about keeping data on someone's server. Desktop version won't be free, but the price will be very-very competitive.

Sorry, there is no any chance to create mobile versions at the moment. The only thing I can offer is optimization of app pages for mobile, to use the app in a mobile browser. Some pages are already optimized, but a lot of work should be done still in this direction.

I have been looking for some time to switch from good old TO3000. This might be it!

Nice to hear that! Have to add that there will be an option to import data from TO3000 soon.

Szymon Metkowski
Szymon Metkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
Great! Jul 25, 2016

Thank you for your answer.

The optimalization of the web page for mobile usage will do at the moment. The TO-import possibility is great news!

Alltogether it is quite promissing.

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Promised TO3000 import Aug 12, 2016

Szymon Metkowski wrote:

Thank you for your answer.

The optimization of the web page for mobile usage will do at the moment. The TO-import possibility is great news!

Alltogether it is quite promissing.

Dear Szymon,

I've been working on this feature last time and now it has been released. From today, BaccS is able to import TO3000 data. I've been using demo version to export data, and everything works perfectly. At least, in the result we get all customers and customer contacts, main projects, individual jobs, invoices, payments and payment links. The process of importing isn't complicated - run 10 custom queries in TO3000, save results as XLS files, pack them into single zip file and upload into BaccS. All other steps are automatic.

To use it, login into web-app, go to 'Profile' page and click 'Import external data' at the bottom of the page. Then, follow the instructions

If someone will try to import Translation office data into BaccS, hope you'll share the results here.

After this update, I'll switch into mobile optimization, altogether with other great features.

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Exclusive feature - CV generation Aug 25, 2016

Dear translators,

Last weeks I've been working on an exclusive feature which I hope will simplify not only my business, but yours too. This feature is called a "CV Generation tool" and, as far as I know, it can't be found in any other similar translation management software. I was always thinking about having a such helper which eliminate my efforts in keeping the CV up to date. Now I have it. And you too.

By now, we have the following templates:

These templates are only basic ones and you are free to create your own. CV can include any professional information, details about recent projects, images and custom tables.
Except CV previewing, printing and saving in a number of formats, it can be made public. In this case you can share a link to the CV and allow customers to view always updated CV.

Detailed information can be found in the 'News' section on the website.

I'm really proud of this new feature and hope it will serve us faithfully. Any ideas and suggestions are always welcomed.

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TO3000 Import Sep 12, 2016

The import option is a great feature, but to use it one needs Custom Queries in TO3000 (so it says in the App). Custom Queries are available only in the Advanced version of TO3000. How can the data be imported from the Professional version?

Thanks

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
TO3000 simplified import Sep 16, 2016

The import option is a great feature, but to use it one needs Custom Queries in TO3000 (so it says in the App). Custom Queries are available only in the Advanced version of TO3000. How can the data be imported from the Professional version?

Thanks

Dear Yiftah,

Nice to hear you again and thanks for the question. Sorry for a long silence. I was looking for a way how to solve your task, and it took some time. Working on the solution, and almost did it. Soon it will be possible to import data without manipulations with custom queries. The app will allow to straightly drag and drop to3000 database file. It will take some time until this feature will be released. I think about 3-5 days. I will write here again when done. Thank you for great advice!

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
TO3000 simplified import Sep 19, 2016

Thanks

Hello again!
As you asked, I've redesigned import function. Now, instead of many steps, it includes only 2: process TO3000 database and uploading it. No more custom queries and complicated preparation. Just download conversion utility (can be found here), process TO3000 database and upload the prepared file on the 'Profile' - 'Backup and restore data' page. Now the whole process could take up to 2 minutes.

What is transferred: base currency, units, services, currency rates, customers, customer contacts, customer prices, projects, jobs, invoices, payments, links between invoices and payments.

I've tested it on the demo data and got exactly the same results and amounts after importing. Please, let me know if something will go wrong when you try to import. We'll fix it.

Claire Ziamandanis
Claire Ziamandanis  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:38
Member (2016)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Timing is perfect! Sep 19, 2016

I just had a conversation about needing to be more focused on accounts payable/receivable. Then I opened my email to find a review of BaccS in the Tool Box Journal. I'll definitely check this out!

I am not offended by typos. Instead, I am happy to come across a developer who understands the field, and knows what our particular needs might be.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BaccS - Windows-based management and invoicing software for translators

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »