New installation of Trados 2017 in Windows 10 appears not to include the service packages
Thread poster: Renata von Koerber
Renata von Koerber
Renata von Koerber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:26
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Jul 15, 2017

Please do no hesitate to point out my inability to google this, but I really do not see the solution for my problem ...

I have just installed Studio 2017 on my new laptop.
All is well, but ... the appearance is the first version, and does not have all the changes and additional benefits of my fully updated version on my other installation.
So I went on the lookout in "Help" - where I am assured that I have the most updated version installed.
I then checked if the d
... See more
Please do no hesitate to point out my inability to google this, but I really do not see the solution for my problem ...

I have just installed Studio 2017 on my new laptop.
All is well, but ... the appearance is the first version, and does not have all the changes and additional benefits of my fully updated version on my other installation.
So I went on the lookout in "Help" - where I am assured that I have the most updated version installed.
I then checked if the download area offers any SP-Downloads- but I just cannot find any.
Before I uninstall and reinstall, I really hope that I will see the proper way to create 2017 in its most updated version with the 2/3 SPs.

So please - can anyone hint me in the right direction?
Apologies again if this has already been resolved in the forum.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Renata Jul 15, 2017

In Studio, go to Help --> About SDL Trados Studio, and check the version you have installed. The newest version should be 14.0.5889.5.

In any case, if you wish to check for any updates, there is absolutely no need to uninstall and reinstall because this makes no sense. In Studio, go to Help --> Check for updates (in case this option is not set to automatic update).

BTW, there are no servicepacks 2 or 3 for Studio 2017. Moreover, there is no need to look for servicepack
... See more
In Studio, go to Help --> About SDL Trados Studio, and check the version you have installed. The newest version should be 14.0.5889.5.

In any case, if you wish to check for any updates, there is absolutely no need to uninstall and reinstall because this makes no sense. In Studio, go to Help --> Check for updates (in case this option is not set to automatic update).

BTW, there are no servicepacks 2 or 3 for Studio 2017. Moreover, there is no need to look for servicepack in Google, just go to oos.sdl.com and login to your SDL account; you will see all your softwares in the Downloads.

HTH,
Natalia
Collapse

Renata von Koerber
Renata von Koerber  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Natalie Missing feautures in different installations Jul 15, 2017

Thank you so much for your comment.
First of all, my version is the latest one, I checked that in Help.
But the installation on my new laptop is missing a lot of the "new" features- example: copying source to target with F4, using F7 instead of F3 for concordance search.
There must be a reason for that which may be sth altogether different.
I just hope that you know the answer to that - it is really confusing to run the same system in different way.
Again BIG THANKS
... See more
Thank you so much for your comment.
First of all, my version is the latest one, I checked that in Help.
But the installation on my new laptop is missing a lot of the "new" features- example: copying source to target with F4, using F7 instead of F3 for concordance search.
There must be a reason for that which may be sth altogether different.
I just hope that you know the answer to that - it is really confusing to run the same system in different way.
Again BIG THANKS for the first part
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New installation of Trados 2017 in Windows 10 appears not to include the service packages

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »