Making Trados 20017 copy source text to target segment AND apply MT right after it
Iniziatore argomento: Vadim Kadyrov

Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ucraina
Local time: 23:55
Membro (2011)
Da Inglese a Russo
+ ...
Jul 15

Hi there,

A client of mine asked me to translate a file. The thing is that I have to place my translation in the same file right after the English source text (cell by cell, since I have an Excel spreadsheet).

i do understand that I have to copy source segments text to target segments in Trado 2017, and then just type in the translation. On the other hand, Google Translate speeds the whole process up considerably. So, here is the question:

Is there any functionality that can help me both copy the course segment AND put MT of this very source segment next after it in the target text pane?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Messico
Local time: 14:55
Membro (2002)
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
+ ...
Bilingual Excel file type Jul 15

Hi Vadim,

I believe this is what you need:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.mx/2015/06/the-new-bilingual-excel-file-type-in.html

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russia
Local time: 23:55
Da Inglese a Russo
No Jul 16

There is no magic wand for this in Studio.

[Edited at 2017-07-16 14:30 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making Trados 20017 copy source text to target segment AND apply MT right after it

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Cerca un termine
  • Lavori