Numbers verification problem when there is "–" sign between two numbers (e.g. 5-10)
Thread poster: Lenart
Lenart
Lenart  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 15:28
Jul 9, 2017

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that when a sign “-“ is between two numbers, the number checker doesn’t work for me. The reason is that SDL treats “-“ as a part of a number and I cannot use “-“ in my language.

For example Source: “5-10” > target: “od 5 do 10”. Number checker shows error because he concludes that “-10” is different form „10“. Is there any way to set a number checker in the way, that he would check only numbers without taking
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have noticed that when a sign “-“ is between two numbers, the number checker doesn’t work for me. The reason is that SDL treats “-“ as a part of a number and I cannot use “-“ in my language.

For example Source: “5-10” > target: “od 5 do 10”. Number checker shows error because he concludes that “-10” is different form „10“. Is there any way to set a number checker in the way, that he would check only numbers without taking “-“ sign in consideration?

Thank you
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Numbers verification problem when there is "–" sign between two numbers (e.g. 5-10)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »