I cant' connect to my client's TMs on GroupShare.
Thread poster: Erika Ballardin
Erika Ballardin
Erika Ballardin  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:23
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 4, 2017

Hello,

I need some help because yesterday I was working on a translation for one of my customers via GroupShare. Suddenly, Trados Studio 2017 froze and got stuck. When it unblocked, I have been no longer able to access to my client's TMs based on GroupShare, and I keep receiving this error message: "An error occurred while using the XXX translation provider. The database contains data in a newer format than this version of the application can handle. You need to upgrade your softw
... See more
Hello,

I need some help because yesterday I was working on a translation for one of my customers via GroupShare. Suddenly, Trados Studio 2017 froze and got stuck. When it unblocked, I have been no longer able to access to my client's TMs based on GroupShare, and I keep receiving this error message: "An error occurred while using the XXX translation provider. The database contains data in a newer format than this version of the application can handle. You need to upgrade your software...." but my software is updated.

My translation has been overwritten and so the segments are now empty. Yet, even if the segments had been overwritten, I should be able to retrieve them from the TMs on GroupShare, but it seems there is no connection to them. I tried to open other projects from this same client via GroupShare and I keep receiving the same error.

Is it a technical issue from the server side and I should contact my client? I have also signed out from the GroupShare account and signed in again, but to no avail.

I wrote on the SDL Community forum (I haven't got any Contract Support), but no one has answered until now. I also wrote to my customer and I'm waiting for an answer.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Should I uninstall and reinstall Trados?

Thank you very much in advance for your advice
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I cant' connect to my client's TMs on GroupShare.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »