Marco Oberto  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:22
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 26, 2017

Hello,

I'm struggling to understand why I cannot activate my extra license.
Being away from home, with a fully efficient Internet connection, I cannot work with my Studio 2017 because the product activation is NOT accepting my license.

When I insert my activation code, an SDL window informs me that:
"Activation not successful" (in Italian "Attivazione non riuscita")
and
"Could not generate the license because:"

No othe
... See more
Hello,

I'm struggling to understand why I cannot activate my extra license.
Being away from home, with a fully efficient Internet connection, I cannot work with my Studio 2017 because the product activation is NOT accepting my license.

When I insert my activation code, an SDL window informs me that:
"Activation not successful" (in Italian "Attivazione non riuscita")
and
"Could not generate the license because:"

No other information is given after colon (!?).

Can you please help me to figure it out?

Thanks,
Marco Oberto
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance Plus

[Modificato alle 2017-05-26 10:34 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:22
English to Russian
SDL Support May 26, 2017

Hi Marco,
Ask their support. This case is so widespread that they address it very quickly. If you are not sure which license (out of two) is troublesome, ask them to reset both.

Marco Oberto
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I managed to activate my extra license, somehow May 26, 2017

Stepan Konev wrote:

Hi Marco,
Ask their support. This case is so widespread that they address it very quickly. If you are not sure which license (out of two) is troublesome, ask them to reset both.

Dear Stepan, I asked for their help and the support replied they are experiencing some technical issues delaying them to address this issue. Thanks God no urgent delivery was on my agenda!

After all kinds of attempts, deinstalling Studio, reinstalling Studio, updating Windows 10 and de-installing latest patches/upgrades for Studio 2017, I have made it (no idea what was the trick) this afternoon, 5 hours of time to get this out.

Hopefully, next version of Studio will implement a real Support for really urgent matters. I'd be happy to give up SDL's glittering Roadshows to get this very primary service for all users.

Best,
Marco

[Modificato alle 2017-05-26 16:09 GMT]

Marco Oberto
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
solution suggested by SDL Support addresses a different issue May 26, 2017

To anybody interested:

Use this KB article for 2007/2009 ( https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=Self-Service-option-in-My-SDL-to-reset-activation-codes-for-SDL-Trados-2007-and-2009 ) and follow the instructions.

Use this KB article for 2011/2014
... See more
To anybody interested:

Use this KB article for 2007/2009 ( https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=Self-Service-option-in-My-SDL-to-reset-activation-codes-for-SDL-Trados-2007-and-2009 ) and follow the instructions.

Use this KB article for 2011/2014 ( https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=Self-Service-option-in-My-SDL-to-reset-Single-User-license-for-SDL-Trados-Studio-2011-and-2014 ) and follow the instructions.

Use this KB article for 2015/2017 ( https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000001616) and follow the instructions.

[Modificato alle 2017-05-26 20:50 GMT]

Apparently, they misunderstood my issue. My question was simple and straightforward: how to ACTIVATE my extra license; on the contrary, SDL support is suggesting a way to DE-ACTIVATE.

:-/ :-/

As I said, luckily I managed to solve this issue myself, after MANY attempts, deinstalling, upgrading and headaches.

[Modificato alle 2017-05-26 20:57 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impossible to activate my extra activation license

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »