Studio 2017: First word or part of the first word appears twice in clean Word document
Thread poster: Daisy Waites
Daisy Waites
Daisy Waites  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:04
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 30, 2017

I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2017. I have encountered the following problem three times with two different end clients: when I produced the clean file, the first word (or part of it) appeared twice in the clean Word document.
I've uploaded an image below to illustrate the problem. The repeated letters do not appear in the editor in Studio:
Studio_error
The source files were .DOCX
It's possible that all three source Word documents were generated from PDFs.
I'm concerned and wondering if any other users have experienced the same problem.

Frank Zou
Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:04
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Hidden text May 1, 2017

Daisy Waites wrote:

I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2017. I have encountered the following problem three times with two different end clients: when I produced the clean file, the first word (or part of it) appeared twice in the clean Word document.
I've uploaded an image below to illustrate the problem. The repeated letters do not appear in the editor in Studio:
Studio_error
The source files were .DOCX
It's possible that all three source Word documents were generated from PDFs.
I'm concerned and wondering if any other users have experienced the same problem.

It is possible that you have hidden text in the original file that TRADOS doesn't recognize. If you try "open the original file" - " Ctrl+A" - "Ctrl+D" - "click to remove the tick in the checkbox in front of 'Hidden" " and then reload the file into the Studio...you may no longer have such problem.

Daisy Waites
Daisy Waites  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:04
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the tip! May 31, 2017

Thanks for your suggestion and the instructions. I will give them a try if I encounter this problem again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: First word or part of the first word appears twice in clean Word document

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »