Marc Sejourné  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Local time: 17:04
English to French
In memoriam
Thank you Emma ! Jul 23, 2017

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Marja Netzell wrote:

This happened to me even though I only use one monitor ... Any ideas?

After clicking Ctrl+F to bring up the Find&Replace window, press Windows key plusthe right or left arrow keys to move it into focus.

If that doesn't work, open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Escape), expand SDL Trados Studio, right click "find and replace" and select "Bring to Front".

Simon Hoddinott
Simon Hoddinott
Italy
Local time: 11:04
German to English
+ ...
Task Manager/Processes/SDL Trados Studio/Find and Replace + (Right click: "Switch to") Apr 8, 2022

Hello,

Don't know if this helps but none of the previous solutions worked so I was clicking around and accidentally made it come back by selecting "Switch to" from the Task Manager.

The general process is indicated in the title.

Best

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:04
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Reset Studio window layout Nov 2, 2023

Thanks to Jerzy Czopik for this suggestion.
This worked for me.
Search/Replace dialogue box wasn't showing with Crtl+H and the relevant buttons were missing or greyed out.

Try to use "Reset window layout" from the view menu.
... See more
Thanks to Jerzy Czopik for this suggestion.
This worked for me.
Search/Replace dialogue box wasn't showing with Crtl+H and the relevant buttons were missing or greyed out.

Try to use "Reset window layout" from the view menu.

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/16734/find-and-replace-greyed-out-when-working-on-xlf-files-in-studio-2017
Collapse

Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
I have tried all of these plus more Mar 13

Search Function just does not work in SDL Trados, mine is 2015 version. I would be super grateful if I got it resolved.

I also would like to test Google Translate plugin, normally into Finnish it is rather nuisance as the machine has not been able to translate Finnish, neither AI. Anyway, I tried to apply API and test the Google translator but I get just error messages. Any advice?

Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Walter, can not find that file you suggest to delete Mar 13

Kindly advice

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Find and replace" gone missing in Trados Studio

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »