Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:03
English to Czech
+ ...
Some misunderstanding here...? Mar 19, 2017

Nikki Scott-Despaigne wrote:

This is already a bit suspicious. The agency is being quite cheeky here! If I understand what you have written then :
- the agency asked you to do a test (at a reduced rate), thus paid but poorly;
- when you returned the test problem-free, they decided they would use it, so decided to pay you a full commercial rate.

I am pleased you got some work with this agency afterwards, but they were not very honest with you from the start. I would not feel happy working with an agency that changed conditions this way. Even if the conditions moved in your favour, it is still a very strange way of doing business.

You do understand I'm not the poster...? This was an answer to the poster's question. Several years old experience.
The agency didn't "decide they would use it" - this was a "real" job and they were clear about it, they just weren't sure what quality I provide, so I understand the money they took from my rate was supposed to go to the proofreader. But when the proofreader didn't really have any work with it, they decided to pay me the full rate.
I wish all agencies were this dishonest - paying more than agreed.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Normal translation passed as "test translation"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »