Be aware of James s Coogler looking for a personal assistant in Paris France its a scam !
Thread poster: Richard Fedynec
Richard Fedynec
Richard Fedynec
France
Local time: 15:19
French to English
+ ...
Dec 14, 2016

Be aware of James s Coogler looking for a personal assistant in Paris France its a scam !

Olivier Bonvin
Olivier Bonvin
France
English to French
James Coogler Dec 27, 2016

Yes I confirm. He will request your help for a project in France because you speak fluently english. Then he will send you pictures of himself and wife. Basically he will offer you 500$/week for a few weeks to help him and will instruct you to pay reservation and taxi or rental reservations.
He will send you a check, a banq check drawn on a well known bank : HSBC
If you deposit the check on your account you will be credited the sum. Fine.
Then you will have to pay for Mr Coogle
... See more
Yes I confirm. He will request your help for a project in France because you speak fluently english. Then he will send you pictures of himself and wife. Basically he will offer you 500$/week for a few weeks to help him and will instruct you to pay reservation and taxi or rental reservations.
Then you will have to pay for Mr Coogler bills before his arrival and he will instruct you where the monies are to be transfered (on his own Western Union or any account he has control on)
15 days later you own bank will withdraw the credited money from your account. The cheque is a fake. That's how he operates.
Outpoints to detect the scam:
He says living in California (Monterey)
The check comes from England (posted at Rumford, so Mr Coogley is probably living in England)
The check is a fake bank check bearing Bank address HSBC 103 avenue des Champs Elysee 75008 Paris but the mention "à" (place the check has been issued) is "Nanterre - Cheque de Banque" which is wrong. A check issued by a Bank should bear the same city name as the bank address on the field "à". And "Cheque de Banque" is not to be mentioned in this field.
The left border of the check is not cutted as usual. Usually very fine and regular cutting dots appears to ease detach the check from its base. On this fake check the dots are irregular and a rough cutting on the left border is easily detected.
So Mr Coogler, you are not an artist yet. Still some work to be done. Maybe you should invest and get hold of a real Bank check??
Collapse

Jasmina Towers
Jasmina Towers  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:19
Member (2000)
Italian to English
Similar experience Dec 28, 2016

from "Garik Bogonosov", who was apparently re-locating to Sheffield with his wife.

Anne McDowall
Anne McDowall  Identity Verified
France
Member (2016)
French to English
+ ...
I confirm too – wish I'd checked here first! Jan 19, 2017

I admit I was a bit suspicious but thought I was taking no risk if I waited until the check for 4500€ was 'cleared' by my bank. As the money was showing in my account, I then proceeded, as requested, to pay out 3512€ of this money (6–10 Jan 2017) and today (19 Jan) received a call from my bank to say that the said cheque had bounced.

Olivier Bonvin wrote:

Then you will have to pay for Mr Coogler bills before his arrival and he will instruct you where the monies are to be transfered (on his own Western Union or any account he has control on)
15 days later you own bank will withdraw the credited money from your account. The cheque is a fake. That's how he operates.
Outpoints to detect the scam:
He says living in California (Monterey)
The check comes from England (posted at Rumford, so Mr Coogley is probably living in England)
The check is a fake bank check bearing Bank address HSBC 103 avenue des Champs Elysee 75008 Paris but the mention "à" (place the check has been issued) is "Nanterre - Cheque de Banque" which is wrong. A check issued by a Bank should bear the same city name as the bank address on the field "à". And "Cheque de Banque" is not to be mentioned in this field.
The left border of the check is not cutted as usual. Usually very fine and regular cutting dots appears to ease detach the check from its base. On this fake check the dots are irregular and a rough cutting on the left border is easily detected.
So Mr Coogler, you are not an artist yet. Still some work to be done. Maybe you should invest and get hold of a real Bank check??

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »