Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:31
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Languagemet & Co. Feb 1, 2014

They send out their emails under vaious company names, but are still one and the same agency. Just have a look at their BB record.

Once they have a translator's email address, their scam emails will no longer personally address the translator, but be sent to "undisclosed recipients".

In order not to waste your valuable time, it's adviceable to just transfer their emails to "File 13" by clicking on "delete".

[Edited at 2014-02-01 10:50 GMT]

Jorgelina Buacar
Jorgelina Buacar  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Languagemet Feb 14, 2014

I've worked for them many times, without knowing they were scammers.
I always got paid on time until a dis s big job for them and the paid me 5 months after delivery.
Of course, I told them I'll never work for them again, but at least they paid.

Davor Ivic
Davor Ivic  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
read only CV Feb 25, 2014

Lucia, is it possible to make CV in the profile read only, not downloadable?
Davor

Kersti Skovgaard
Kersti Skovgaard  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 15:31
Member (2005)
English to Estonian
+ ...
I've received 3 emails from them this year Mar 11, 2014

No names, no contact data and wrong language pair.
I removed my CV from Proz long ago and do not use a free email address for work. Nevertheless, I keep getting "job offers" from Languagemet to my old hotmail address.
I sent a warning to the local Translators Association.

The email, exactly as received - no changes made:

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:40:37 +0200
Subject: Editing: Toro software strings loca
... See more
No names, no contact data and wrong language pair.
I removed my CV from Proz long ago and do not use a free email address for work. Nevertheless, I keep getting "job offers" from Languagemet to my old hotmail address.
I sent a warning to the local Translators Association.

The email, exactly as received - no changes made:

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:40:37 +0200
Subject: Editing: Toro software strings localization_Q6947(Russian), Agnew
To:

We have a small editing job for the TORO software which controls the TORO irrigation system. The irrigation system is usually used in places such as golf course. The software manages the irrigation schedules, operations and communications between sites. But this time, we are translating the actual software strings/UI commands itself.

It’s 1100 in total. It’s into Russian, due by Monday, Thursday, March 13, 1 pm PST. Attached please find 1)Translation as bilingual TagEditor file “TRN.zip”; 2) TM, 3) the Tag Setting file toro.ini; and a 4) glossary, 5) Source XML files.

Please read carefully the following instruction before you start:

1) The files are already partly translated; you ONLY need to edit strings that begin with "loc:”. The “loc:” is only a marker.Please delete the “locs:” once you are done with the editing. Do NOT touch or make any changes to the strings without this marker or to any existing translations.

2) Please translate source XML files in Trados TagEditor using the attached Trados Memory. In order to correctly open the XML files in TagEditor, you MUST import the attached “toro.ini” file into your TM before you open files in TagEditor. The “ini” file is a tag setting file.

How to import the “toro.ini” file:
a) Import our TM in your Workbench so you have a TM open/created for this project only;
b) When you have the Workbench open, go to “Options”à “Translation Memory Options” ”à Tab “Tool” ”àclick “Tag Setting” button on the lower part of the window à click “open” à select the “ini” file you saved on your local drive
c) The “toro” file will show in the list. Click on it and then click OK.
d) The “tag setting manager” window will close and then bring you back to the “tool” tag. Click OK. Then you are done.
e) Try to open the XML source file in TagEditor to see if everything works.

3) When you finish, please send back as cleaned final XML files without “loc:” marker in it. Please also send back the updated TM. Please be really careful with the tags and codes so the XML won’t be corrupted.

4) It’s very important that you follow the TM when it’s 100% match. Do not make preferential changes to 100% match unless you spot an error in TM. In that case, please contact us. Focus on fuzzy match and no match.

5) Global Instruction on terminology:
Please follow closely the attached TM and glossary for terminology. In case of discrepancies between TM and glossary, please follow the TM. If you have any questions about the strings, please let us know so we can contact client.

6) All company names, product names, trademark names and addresses will stay in English.

Please let me know if you can take the job and understand the above instructions. Also tell me your total rate ..

Best,
Collapse

Obie Khadra
Obie Khadra  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Arabic
+ ...
I got another one Apr 7, 2014

I received another on today attached with authorization to be signed.

Dear Translator,

I am the projects manager Languagemet Translation Agency .
I suggest cooperation in translation work as mediator .
Therefore ,Can you give us permission, authorization and agreement in order for us to send your CV to our clients ?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which wi
... See more
I received another on today attached with authorization to be signed.

Dear Translator,

Therefore ,Can you give us permission, authorization and agreement in order for us to send your CV to our clients ?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which will be put inside your CV in order to receive projects and therefore we will reply on your behalf .
We can also email your certificates if needed to clients on your behalf. We will give you the projects .
If you agree, you will be considered as a close team member and consequently you will be eligible for any developmental plan.
This is part of group work based on mutual cooperation because the translation market is full of competition .
Please let me know so that we start work. If you agree, sign this authorization and agreement document Attachments, and send it signed with a cover letter.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Mohd Nafez

From [email protected]
Collapse

Kim Schoukens
Kim Schoukens  Identity Verified
Belgium
Dutch to French
+ ...
Languagemet Apr 15, 2014

Just got an e-mail too:

Dear translator,

I am Alaa Mahmoud from languagemet Center for Translation; I work as a mediator Between client & translator.

I suggest cooperation in translation work as mediator, and It's a pleasure to invite you to be a close member team.
Therefore, Can you give us permission, authorization and agreement in order for us to send your CV to our clients?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts
... See more
Just got an e-mail too:

Dear translator,

I am Alaa Mahmoud from languagemet Center for Translation; I work as a mediator Between client & translator.

I suggest cooperation in translation work as mediator, and It's a pleasure to invite you to be a close member team.
Therefore, Can you give us permission, authorization and agreement in order for us to send your CV to our clients?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which will be put inside your CV in order to receive projects and therefore we will reply on your behalf.
We can also email your certificates if needed to clients on your behalf. We will give you the projects.
If you agree, you will be considered as a close team member and consequently you will be eligible for any developmental plan.
This is part of group work based on mutual cooperation because the translation market is full of competition.
Please let me know so that we start work. If you agree, sign this authorization and agreement document Attachments, and send it signed with your CV and a cover letter.
Thank you for taking time to read my email.
looking forward to build a long-term and stable cooperation with you.

Best wishes,

Alaa Mahmoud
Project manager
Email: [email protected]
www.languagemet.com

What should I do with it? Just ignore it?

Kind regards,

Kim.
Collapse

João Roque Dias
João Roque Dias
Portugal
Local time: 13:31
English to Portuguese
Languagemet - The mother of all scammers May 5, 2014

Languagemt is one of the scamming joints with most entries at the TRANSLATOR SCAMMERS DIRECTORY:

http://www.translator-scammers.com/

You may also follow the TRANSLATOR SCAMMERS DIRECTORY on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/tsdirectory

Obie Khadra
Obie Khadra  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Arabic
+ ...
Watch out from Suzan Abu Mudallalah May 6, 2014

I have been contacted again from the same agency "Languagemet" , this time I heard from a new cleck there. She is called Suzan Abu Mudallalah.
I was contacted first via Skype, Her name on Skype is "Suzan Abu Mudallalah" and her skype ID is : "live:suzan.abumudallalah".

She said she is new to the agency and they are not scammers, it's only that some clients are late to pay them so they get late to pay the translators. I almost said WT*.

I told her no matter what, t
... See more
I have been contacted again from the same agency "Languagemet" , this time I heard from a new cleck there. She is called Suzan Abu Mudallalah.
I was contacted first via Skype, Her name on Skype is "Suzan Abu Mudallalah" and her skype ID is : "live:suzan.abumudallalah".

She said she is new to the agency and they are not scammers, it's only that some clients are late to pay them so they get late to pay the translators. I almost said WT*.

I told her no matter what, the translator is not a part of this problem. the translator's agreement is to deliver and get paid, simple as that.

Eventually, WATCH OUT.

Best regards,

Obie
Collapse

Mathijs Bouman
Mathijs Bouman
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Languagemet May 8, 2014

I received the following email today:

Dear translator,

I hope this email finds well and in a good health.
This is Safa a project manager from Languagemet company .
Languagemet company is a leading provider of language services. It offers comprehensive language services providing rapid, accurate and competitively priced translation, proofreading, subtitling, voice-overs and localization services nationally and internationally.
We need freelancers to
... See more

Dear translator,

Languagemet company is a leading provider of language services. It offers comprehensive language services providing rapid, accurate and competitively priced translation, proofreading, subtitling, voice-overs and localization services nationally and internationally.
We need freelancers to enrich our database. Can you give us a permission and agreement in order for us to send yours to our clients?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients.
We will give you the projects . if you are not available , we will give the projects to other translators.
If you interested , please send me the following details including your CV and cover letter.
CV
fields of expertise
language pair
CAT tools
minimum rate in USD
native language
Country to know the time
zone

Please, do not hesitate to contact me any time.

Looking forward to have a long term collaboration .

Best regard,
Safa

It was sent from [email protected]

Should I just ingore it?
Collapse

Sandra Malo Jarque
Sandra Malo Jarque  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I recommend you to ignore it May 8, 2014

Mathijs Bouman wrote:

Dear translator,

We need freelancers to enrich our database. Can you give us a permission and agreement in order for us to send yours to our clients?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients.
We will give you the projects . if you are not available , we will give the projects to other translators.
If you interested , please send me the following details including your CV and cover letter.
CV
fields of expertise
language pair
CAT tools
minimum rate in USD
native language
Country to know the time
zone

Please, do not hesitate to contact me any time.

Looking forward to have a long term collaboration .

Best regard,
Safa

It was sent from [email protected]

Should I just ingore it?

Hi Mathijs,
The first time I heard from them was by a stolen e-mail and name of a reliable translator. So I wouldn't trust a company that steals identities and that works with gmail, yahoo and hotmail e-mail addresses.
I hope you have a great day!
Sandra

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Languagemet May 8, 2014

Why can't we locate them and have a local translator call the local police and have them visit this "company's" office/home/kitchen.

Riku Pepponen
Riku Pepponen  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:31
English to Finnish
+ ...
Received this... May 11, 2014

I received this email a few days ago:

Dear Translator,

If yes, we will remove your... See more
I received this email a few days ago:

Dear Translator,

If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which will be put inside your CV in order to receive projects and therefore we will reply on your behalf.
We can also email your certificates if needed to clients on your behalf. We will give you the projects.
This is part of group work based on mutual cooperation because the translation market is full of competition.
Please let me know so that we start work. If you agree, sign this authorization and agreement document Attachments, and send it signed with a cover letter.

Thank you for taking time to read my email, looking for your positive replay

Best Regards,

Alaa Mahmoud

Project manager

This sounded more than fishy, I'm glad I'm Googled their name before contacting them.
Collapse

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
What can the local police do then? May 11, 2014

Jeff Whittaker wrote:

Why can't we locate them and have a local translator call the local police and have them visit this "company's" office/home/kitchen.

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
What can the local police do? May 11, 2014

They probably cannot do much. However, these scam artists thrive on anonymity. If they discover they have been exposed (in the real world) perhaps they will come up with a different way to "earn" a living.

jyuan_us wrote:
What can the local police do then?

Carmen Álvarez
Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Me too May 12, 2014

I got this email yesterday:

Dear Translator,

If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which will be put inside your CV in order to receive proj
... See more
I got this email yesterday:

Dear Translator,

If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which will be put inside your CV in order to receive projects and therefore we will reply on your behalf .
We can also email your certificates if needed to clients on your behalf. We will give you the projects .
This is part of group work based on mutual cooperation because the translation market is full of competition .

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Mohammed Mahmoud

Project coordinator
Skype ; Mohammed1111147

Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Languagemet

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »