Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 23:23
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
The menus don't work on my setup Jul 27, 2017

My system is set to one click of the mouse, not the double click, as my wrist hurts after just a few double clicks.

When I click once on the old menu, Jobs & Directories, for instance, I can then drag the mouse over the drop-down and click on Blue Board, which goes to the Blue Board.

I can't get anywhere with the new menu
... See more
My system is set to one click of the mouse, not the double click, as my wrist hurts after just a few double clicks.

When I click once on the old menu, Jobs & Directories, for instance, I can then drag the mouse over the drop-down and click on Blue Board, which goes to the Blue Board.

I can't get anywhere with the new menu except to the Overview,
http://www.proz.com/about/overview/jobs-directories/
which is not really helpful - I have seen it dozens of times before. There are no links from there to the Blue Board, so I have to go back to the old version if I actually want to use any of the directories...

I think I have had the same problem with other menus - they just disappear.
What am I doing wrong, or HELP! What do I do after 1 August?

Another dinosaur...
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:23
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Sympathy Jul 27, 2017

Christine Andersen wrote:

I can't get anywhere with the new menu except to the Overview,
http://www.proz.com/about/overview/jobs-directories/
which is not really helpful - I have seen it dozens of times before. There are no links from there to the Blue Board, so I have to go back to the old version if I actually want to use any of the directories...

I think I have had the same problem with other menus - they just disappear.
What am I doing wrong, or HELP! What do I do after 1 August?

Another dinosaur...

I sympathise with the double-clicking issue.

I got around it years ago (when I first joined Proz) by saving the parts that interest me as bookmarks in my browser. So (for example) if I want to visit the Blue Board I don't start from the Proz home page; I go to the link in my browser, which takes me directly to the Blue Board.

Try it!

[Edited at 2017-07-27 16:07 GMT]

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:23
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Live WHAT? Jul 27, 2017

There is a new, and very annoying bright orange pulsating "LIVE" button in the top menubar. When I click on it (succumbing to temptation) all I get is an advertisement for Trados. May I ask that you tone down the impending excitement implicit in that pulsating "LIVE" button? There's nothing there, nor is there ever likely to be anything, that might be relevant to me.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Maybe it means ... Jul 27, 2017

... Live it up!!

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
And at least ... Jul 27, 2017

... there's no big pulsating "DIE" button. Bad for business, see.

[Edited at 2017-07-27 16:13 GMT]

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
You're far from alone Jack Jul 28, 2017

Michael Newton wrote:

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Proz is now more like a product than a translator's site and like all products, there seems to be a constant need to do something to justify increased prices and to ensure increased sales to an ever wider variety of customers. So now there is a new menu, new features (optional and imposed) and all sort of bells and whistles. Advertisers and/or business members have a big say and the new TV thing looks like a Proz infomercial.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The new ProZ menu

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »