So, the 15 November deal is a permanent discount, right?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:18
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Nov 8, 2016

Hello

I'm learning new things about the new ProZ.com membership options all the time, but something occurred to me and I would like to have confirmation of that. If I understand correctly:

1. The usual price for "standard" membership is $120 and the usual price for "plus" membership is $180. Anyone who registers after 15 November will pay $120 or $180 per year, every year. (The "usual price" can be less or more, based on various other factors, e.g. whether you make r
... See more
Hello

I'm learning new things about the new ProZ.com membership options all the time, but something occurred to me and I would like to have confirmation of that. If I understand correctly:

1. The usual price for "standard" membership is $120 and the usual price for "plus" membership is $180. Anyone who registers after 15 November will pay $120 or $180 per year, every year. (The "usual price" can be less or more, based on various other factors, e.g. whether you make recurring payment, whether you pay by PayPal/credit card or some other method, whether you have to pay VAT, etc.)

2. People who pre-register before 15 November will pay only $109 or $149 per year, every year. So, the $11 or $31 discount (if you pre-register before 15 November) is not only for this year, but for every year. Right?

3. Do I assume correctly that if I were to cancel my membership at some stage, and then resume my membership, then I would no longer be on the discount, i.e. that when I start paying again I would be paying the full price from then on?

4. And if I have been on the plus package for, say, 3 years, and then decide to switch to the standard package, then will I have to pay the non-discounted price for the standard package from that point onward, or will I still qualify for the discounted price even though I've switched packages?

5. Oh, I see everything is in USD and I don't see EUR anyway. Is everything going to be in USD from this point onwards?

6. Will there be reminders shortly before the recurring payment that a payment is about to go down, so that I can ensure that there are sufficient funds in the account for the payment?

7. If I cancel my membership, will my membership stop immediately or only at the end of the billing cycle (which I assume is 15 November each year)?

8. If I switch from standard to plus, or vice versa, will I have to wait for 15 November of that year before the change becomes active?

Samuel
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 20:18
SITE STAFF
Nothing is permanent, but it is a good way of making sure you pay less Nov 8, 2016

Hi Samuel,

Let's see:

1. The usual price for "standard" membership is $120 and the usual price for "plus" membership is $180. Anyone who registers after 15 November will pay $120 or $180 per year, every year. (The "usual price" can be less or more, based on various other factors, e.g. whether you make recurring payment, whether you pay by PayPal/credit card or some other method, whether you have to pay VAT, etc.)

Yes.

2. People who pre-register before 15 November will pay only $109 or $149 per year, every year. So, the $11 or $31 discount (if you pre-register before 15 November) is not only for this year, but for every year. Right?

Correct. If you click on the purchase/register button for either package, the first screen you see will show you what you will pay now and then yearly after that. This does not mean that pricing cannot change in the future, but if it does you will be notified beforehand. See http://www.proz.com/professional-membership#faq

3. Do I assume correctly that if I were to cancel my membership at some stage, and then resume my membership, then I would no longer be on the discount, i.e. that when I start paying again I would be paying the full price from then on?

That is correct.

4. And if I have been on the plus package for, say, 3 years, and then decide to switch to the standard package, then will I have to pay the non-discounted price for the standard package from that point onward, or will I still qualify for the discounted price even though I've switched packages?

You would pay the current price of the Standard package at that time, yes.

5. Oh, I see everything is in USD and I don't see EUR anyway. Is everything going to be in USD from this point onwards?

Yes.

6. Will there be reminders shortly before the recurring payment that a payment is about to go down, so that I can ensure that there are sufficient funds in the account for the payment?

Yes. You can also see information about your membership, subscription, renewal dates, etc. by mousing over your name at the top of the site and clicking on "Manage membership."

7. If I cancel my membership, will my membership stop immediately or only at the end of the billing cycle (which I assume is 15 November each year)?

For Standard packages, yes. Plus packages may take longer to become inactive. See http://www.proz.com/professional-membership#faq

8. If I switch from standard to plus, or vice versa, will I have to wait for 15 November of that year before the change becomes active?

No. After the release of the Plus package on November 15, a switch from one package to another will happen when you choose to make the switch.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:18
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 8, 2016

Jared Tabor wrote:
Nothing is permanent, but it is a good way of making sure you pay less.

Yes, I assumed that "every year" meant "every year until ProZ.com changes it". That applies to every service and every subscription everywhere.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

So, the 15 November deal is a permanent discount, right?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »