Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Announcing ProZ.com Mobile - The translation workplace. Anytime, anywhere.
Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Jun 14, 2016

Dear members,

I am pleased to announce that ProZ.com has finally gone mobile!

http://www.proz.com/mobile

As from today, site members will have access to ProZ.com Mobile, a native app developed based on member feedback to help you get the best of ProZ.com anytime, anywhere.

The app --which is in Beta stage-- has been made available for Android via the Google Play Store, with the iOS version coming to the Apple Store soon, both free of charge to ProZ.com members. (Paying membership is required.)

Download the app today, login using your existing ProZ.com account and start browsing jobs, submitting quotes, searching for translated terms, participating in KudoZ, forums and quick polls, and set your availability in real time!

For more information, visit the ProZ.com Mobile official page. To be notified of future mobile-related news and announcements, subscribe to e-mail notifications. For feedback on the app, please use the feedback form available in the app under "Feedback" so that the ProZ.com Mobile team can keep track of bug reports and potential adjustments needed.

Thank you members for investing in your business through ProZ.com membership and so for making ProZ.com Mobile possible. Enjoy!

Kind regards,

Lucia

Ana Vozone
Ana Vozone  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:15
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Great news! Jun 14, 2016

Can't wait for the iOS version

Geraldo Quintas
Geraldo Quintas  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Not Found Jun 14, 2016

We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

Update: Never mind. After a few retries I managed to install it...

[Edited at 2016-06-14 21:47 GMT]

Cecília Alves
Cecília Alves  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:15
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
App keeps on crashing Jun 15, 2016

Unfortunately, I'm not able to open it. I have just downloaded well on Play Store and accepted sincronization with my web profile. I don't know if that is responsible for the failure. After "Loading user info" window shows up for a few seconds, "Proz.com has stopped" pops up. And I uninstalled and installed the app again, but the problem persists. I wonder if it has something to do with my old version of Android (4.3), but it would be really weird if it does.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Let's check with app developers Jun 15, 2016

Hi Cecilia,

Your Android version shouldn't be a problem because the app has been developed for Android 4.1 and up. Let me check with app developers and come back to you. Thanks for your patience!

Lucia

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:15
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Font size in forums Jun 15, 2016

The font size in forums is too small in the Android app (screenshot), smaller as in the browser (Mozilla Firefox) even when browsing the desktop version of the site (screenshot).

matt robinson
matt robinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:15
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
ProZ has stopped Jun 15, 2016

I get the same message

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
App errors fixed, new version available in Google Play Jun 15, 2016

Hi everyone,

A new app version with some error fixes has been uploaded to Google Play about an hour ago:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.proz

If you continue having issues with the version you installed previously, try uninstalling the app and installing this latest version instead.

If the problem persists, please
... See more
Hi everyone,

A new app version with some error fixes has been uploaded to Google Play about an hour ago:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.proz

If you continue having issues with the version you installed previously, try uninstalling the app and installing this latest version instead.

If the problem persists, please submit a support request specifying your Android version, the error message you get and the action you were trying to perform when you got it. This will help us to look into it in detail.

As for feedback on the app, please be sure to submit it using the feedback form available in the app under "Feedback" or through a support request as well. Thanks!

Lucia
Collapse

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Windows Phone Jun 15, 2016

Is it going to be developped for Windows Phone as well?

Eric MARRET
Eric MARRET  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Fine! Jun 15, 2016

I installed it today, seems to be working fine!
2 comments though
The forum page is the one from the site, requires a lot of zooming, not very comfortable to use
It would be nice if one could pass from one terminology request to the next without having to go back to the list
Keep going!

Eric MARRET
Eric MARRET  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Agree/disagree Jun 15, 2016

Also it seems it's not yet possible to agree/disagree an answer

[Edited at 2016-06-15 13:59 GMT]

Ditte Bjerregaard
Ditte Bjerregaard
Denmark
Member (2013)
German to Danish
+ ...
Thumbs up Jun 15, 2016

Seems to work just fine here, really great to finally have something which works on the go.

Husam A. Siofi
Husam A. Siofi  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 11:15
English to Arabic
+ ...
nice Jun 15, 2016

nice

LAETICIA S
LAETICIA S  Identity Verified

German to French
+ ...
what more than the website? Jun 15, 2016

Hi Lucia,

I already go on the website through my browser on my handy. What should I get more with this app? What should it bring to me? I find it already easy through the website with my phone. I'm hesitating over adding a new app which should take some place on my phone. What should be the advantages?

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Dear members,

I am pleased to announce that ProZ.com has finally gone mobile!

http://www.proz.com/mobile

As from today, site members will have access to ProZ.com Mobile, a native app developed based on member feedback to help you get the best of ProZ.com anytime, anywhere.

The app --which is in Beta stage-- has been made available for Android via the Google Play Store, with the iOS version coming to the Apple Store soon, both free of charge to ProZ.com members. (Paying membership is required.)

Download the app today, login using your existing ProZ.com account and start browsing jobs, submitting quotes, searching for translated terms, participating in KudoZ, forums and quick polls, and set your availability in real time!

For more information, visit the ProZ.com Mobile official page. To be notified of future mobile-related news and announcements, subscribe to e-mail notifications. For feedback on the app, please use the feedback form available in the app under "Feedback" so that the ProZ.com Mobile team can keep track of bug reports and potential adjustments needed.

Thank you members for investing in your business through ProZ.com membership and so for making ProZ.com Mobile possible. Enjoy!

Kind regards,

Lucia

Hu Xiufen
Hu Xiufen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:15
Member (2010)
Chinese to Italian
+ ...
waiting for ios version... Jun 15, 2016

waiting for ios version...

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing ProZ.com Mobile - The translation workplace. Anytime, anywhere.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »