Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Announcing ProZ.com Mobile - The translation workplace. Anytime, anywhere.
Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky
Pavel Slama
Pavel Slama  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:12
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
Thx Jun 21, 2016

It did, Lucia, thanks!

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Huw! Jun 21, 2016

Screenshots received.

Also, I'm glad to know that the issue was solved, babylondon! Thanks for confirming.

Lucia

Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:12
Italian to English
Forums Jun 21, 2016

My main gripe so far is that it's difficult to reply to the forums - the whole window doesn't fit on the screen and I have to keep resizing.

Also it would be handy to be able to access ALL forums, not just the most recent posts.

Quan Tuong
Quan Tuong
Vietnam
Local time: 19:12
English to Vietnamese
Great! Jun 29, 2016

Waiting for the iOS version!

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Dear members,

I am pleased to announce that ProZ.com has finally gone mobile!

http://www.proz.com/mobile

As from today, site members will have access to ProZ.com Mobile, a native app developed based on member feedback to help you get the best of ProZ.com anytime, anywhere.

The app --which is in Beta stage-- has been made available for Android via the Google Play Store, with the iOS version coming to the Apple Store soon, both free of charge to ProZ.com members. (Paying membership is required.)

Download the app today, login using your existing ProZ.com account and start browsing jobs, submitting quotes, searching for translated terms, participating in KudoZ, forums and quick polls, and set your availability in real time!

For more information, visit the ProZ.com Mobile official page. To be notified of future mobile-related news and announcements, subscribe to e-mail notifications. For feedback on the app, please use the feedback form available in the app under "Feedback" so that the ProZ.com Mobile team can keep track of bug reports and potential adjustments needed.

Thank you members for investing in your business through ProZ.com membership and so for making ProZ.com Mobile possible. Enjoy!

Kind regards,

Lucia

Mariana Perussia
Mariana Perussia  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:12
Member (2005)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Can't wait for the iOS version Jul 9, 2016

Can't wait for the iOS version

Fábio Lima
Fábio Lima
Brazil
Local time: 09:12
Portuguese to English
+ ...
"Post a quote for a job on your behalf"? Jul 13, 2016

The app wants to post a quote for a job on my behalf? Administer my availability on my behalf? Etc. Why?

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Requesting permission to post "on your behalf" Jul 13, 2016

fabiopl wrote:

The app wants to post a quote for a job on my behalf? Administer my availability on my behalf? Etc. Why?

Hello fabiopl,

Good question! The app requests permission to post "on your behalf" because it is accessing ProZ.com indirectly through an API. So when you are performing an action on the app, the app performs that action on ProZ.com for you (if you grant it permission to do so).

By granting the app permission to perform a particular action for you - like quoting on a job, setting your availability, and so forth - the result is the same as if you were posting on ProZ.com directly.

I hope this explains, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Maria

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing ProZ.com Mobile - The translation workplace. Anytime, anywhere.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »