Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Announcing translator feedback (WWA) improvements
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
"More feedback choices" Jul 25, 2013

The "see more feedback choices" option provided in e-mail notifications refers to the option of specifying more details for an entry:

* Have you worked with this service provider?
- Yes, I outsourced to him/her
- Yes, as a colleague
- No, we have not worked together

* Would you be willing to work again with this service provider?
- Yes, I would work again with this service provider.

* Comment

Hope this clarifies.
<
... See more
The "see more feedback choices" option provided in e-mail notifications refers to the option of specifying more details for an entry:

* Have you worked with this service provider?
- Yes, I outsourced to him/her
- Yes, as a colleague
- No, we have not worked together

* Would you be willing to work again with this service provider?
- Yes, I would work again with this service provider.

* Comment

Hope this clarifies.

Lucia
Collapse

psicutrinius
psicutrinius  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:38
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Can see HOW MANY requests I have... Aug 8, 2013

...that is, the figure, but NOT the requests themselves.

Am I a bit thick, or am I missing something?.

How can I see these?

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
New version does not show requests sent yet Aug 9, 2013

psicutrinius wrote:

...that is, the figure, but NOT the requests themselves.

Am I a bit thick, or am I missing something?.

How can I see these?

For the time being, requests sent cannot be seen in the new version. However, this will be implemented shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Lucia

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 20:38
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Clients can now give translator feedback without registering Sep 26, 2013

To make it as easy as possible for clients to give translator feedback, it's now possible to give feedback without having a ProZ.com account.

See the announcement for details.

Thanks,

Jason

Ronja Addams-Moring
Ronja Addams-Moring  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:38
Finnish to Swedish
+ ...
Non-member feedback can be quite valuable Sep 28, 2013

Jason Grimes wrote:

To make it as easy as possible for clients to give translator feedback, it's now possible to give feedback without having a ProZ.com account.

See the announcement for details.

Thank you, this is an improvement, even if the details of how it all works still require some tweaking and honing.

'Cause it's about as likely as a cold day in Hell that Finnish government agencies or ministries would register on ProZ.

Jon Hedemann
Jon Hedemann  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Suggested outsourcers to ask for feedback Oct 4, 2013

Why does the list "Suggested outsourcers to ask for feedback" contain outsourcers that I've already received WWA-feedback from...? Come on, people...

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:38
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
A small comment Nov 7, 2013

I just received a feedback notification and I was surprised to find that the email hinted that the first thing I would want to do would be to write to everyone else I may have worked with to collect some more. It contained direct links to http://www.proz.com/translator-feedback/request and <... See more
I just received a feedback notification and I was surprised to find that the email hinted that the first thing I would want to do would be to write to everyone else I may have worked with to collect some more. It contained direct links to http://www.proz.com/translator-feedback/request and http://www.proz.com/wwa

I would have thought the most logical place to need to do would have been http://www.proz.com/wwa?sp_mode=my . That's the page where the comment itself is, and from where you can compose a reply (if you want to). That's certainly where I went.

Just nitpicking, though
Collapse

Gabriela Hebin
Gabriela Hebin  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
How about a place for honest feedback for translators? Aug 21, 2014

The WWA only accepts positive feedback. It is even moderated to delete negative comments. Basically, it's a mutual admiration club. How is this useful to outsourcers?

Imagine if credit records only contained positive information and omitted missed or late payments. What would be the point?

Providers can post anything they want about an agency to the Blue Board, but agencies can only send kudos to providers. If there is ever a problem between an agency and a translator,
... See more
The WWA only accepts positive feedback. It is even moderated to delete negative comments. Basically, it's a mutual admiration club. How is this useful to outsourcers?

Imagine if credit records only contained positive information and omitted missed or late payments. What would be the point?

Providers can post anything they want about an agency to the Blue Board, but agencies can only send kudos to providers. If there is ever a problem between an agency and a translator, the agency is under threat of negative feedback but the translator has no such accountability. If a provider is unreliable or delivers poor quality work, there is nowhere on the internet to report it. A translator can accept a job and if they decide they don't feel like doing it they can just disappear without any repercussions. Does that seem fair? Does it improve our industry in any way? Where's the Blue Board for translators?

I realize ProZ makes it money mostly from translator dues and they don't want to lose clients, but if a translator gets a lot of negative feedback, maybe he/she doesn't belong in this professional organization in the first place.

I think the present system condones unreliability without consequence and allows non-professionals to pass themselves off as professionals. This can be very misleading to outsourcers.

If anyone knows of an Angie's List for translators, please let me know.
Collapse

Phoenix III
Phoenix III  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Negative feedback. Dec 14, 2014

[quote]Ana Lucia Amaral wrote:

In the old version, we used positive or negative feedback for Translators. I think we really need this option again.

We really need to show this Translator´s Name, so in the future, you know their integrity.

PROZ needs work to help improve the Professionalism in our Profession.

I hope we have this option: Negative Feedback for Translators (between Colleagues or Agencies)

In my case, I desperately need to warn colleagues about someone that hired 3 translators plus myself and never paid us. Unless the rest of the linguists are forewarned he may continue to scam people. I am talking about big money between the 4 of us and by taking the negative feedback option away from us ProZ is encouraging this type of behavior.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:38
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
BB is for client reviews Dec 14, 2014

Phoenix III wrote:
In my case, I desperately need to warn colleagues about someone that hired 3 translators plus myself and never paid us. Unless the rest of the linguists are forewarned he may continue to scam people. I am talking about big money between the 4 of us and by taking the negative feedback option away from us ProZ is encouraging this type of behavior.

None of the above discussion refers to outsourcers, agencies, clients - whatever you wish to call them.

If a freelance translator has outsourced work to you then there is nothing to prevent you giving them a review in the Blue Board. If they have no BB record then you simply create one prior to leaving your rating. If you leave a poor rating this will alert others; if you leave a high rating and praise then the freelancer will have more credibility next time they outsource.

The BB (or LWA) is separate from the WWA being discussed here, though one person may have both. LWA says how you, a translator, rate a client (even if it's a fellow translator); WWA says how you rate a supplier (i.e. it's left by someone who uses the services of a translator).

HTH. Do go ahead and rate that outsourcer who hasn't paid you.

A. Patricia Pedraza
A. Patricia Pedraza  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
The old version was definitely better. I was not able to request on the new version. Dec 23, 2014

I requested a WWA from a translator who has a profile in PROZ. The new version does not allow to search for the name and requires an e-mail. If you choose to search the freelancer directory, it does not give you the option to search by name either. Her contact info has mail through PROZ, so there is no email to tie to her as a PROZ known profile as I do not know which is her registered email with the site.

As I used the old version, it allowed me to search for the PROZ profile BY N
... See more
I requested a WWA from a translator who has a profile in PROZ. The new version does not allow to search for the name and requires an e-mail. If you choose to search the freelancer directory, it does not give you the option to search by name either. Her contact info has mail through PROZ, so there is no email to tie to her as a PROZ known profile as I do not know which is her registered email with the site.

As I used the old version, it allowed me to search for the PROZ profile BY NAME, check that she is the correct person and send.

This feature should not have been eliminated!!
Collapse

martincap
martincap
Slovakia
Negative feedback absence Mar 22, 2016

Dear Lucia ,

we've been posting jobs for translators for several years now without the registration and we've never needed "negative feedback" option.
However that has changed and I've been set-up by one of blue board members in the same way that was described here.
I would definitely want to leave a negative feedback to this translator to prevent others from ordering such services. It not only makes this site look unprofessional, but at the end of the day it prevents
... See more
Dear Lucia ,

we've been posting jobs for translators for several years now without the registration and we've never needed "negative feedback" option.
However that has changed and I've been set-up by one of blue board members in the same way that was described here.
I would definitely want to leave a negative feedback to this translator to prevent others from ordering such services. It not only makes this site look unprofessional, but at the end of the day it prevents the good and maybe a bit more expensive translators from getting a job.

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

However, note that it was never possible to leave negative feedback on translators, not even in the old version of the translator feedback feature (WWA).

As the FAQ I quote in my previous reply states, in the future, in order to enhance the integrity (and in turn, the marketing effectiveness of the tool), the responses "no" and "maybe" will also be provided to those making WWA entries.

Thanks for your feedback and you too have a wonderful day!

Lucía
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing translator feedback (WWA) improvements

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »