How do I upload a SDL Trados Studio TM to Language Terminal, and what restrictions on sharing?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 16:50
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 19, 2017

I shared a big project on 50,000 words with a colleague who uses SDL Trados Studio 2014 where I used SDL Trados Studio 2015, and wanted to share the SDL Trados Studio TM in real-time with him. I didn't have time to get it set up this time, but have installed the plugin now in my Studio so I can use this feature next time.

But I'm not clear over how to upload the TM to Language Terminal if the format is a SDL Trados Studio TM. Does anyone know? What is the process? Should I create an
... See more
I shared a big project on 50,000 words with a colleague who uses SDL Trados Studio 2014 where I used SDL Trados Studio 2015, and wanted to share the SDL Trados Studio TM in real-time with him. I didn't have time to get it set up this time, but have installed the plugin now in my Studio so I can use this feature next time.

But I'm not clear over how to upload the TM to Language Terminal if the format is a SDL Trados Studio TM. Does anyone know? What is the process? Should I create an empty TM in Language Terminal first, then export the TM from SDL Trados Studio in TMX format, and then import this TMX file into the empty TM I created already in Language Terminal?

Also, is there any restriction on how many other users can update and use this shared Language Terminal TM if we don't use MemoQ but SDL Trados Studio? It doesn't say anywhere about this, only if you use MemoQ that the restriction is (except the owner of the Language Terminal account) sharing with 1 other user with update rights, and 2 other users with read-only rights.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:50
English to Russian
yes, 3 Jul 19, 2017

Here you can find answers to both your questions:
https://www.memoq.com/en/news/-language-terminal-for-non-memoq-users,-part-2-s

1. RE: Should I create an empty TM in Language Terminal first, then export the TM from SDL Trados Studio in TMX format, and then import this TMX file into the empty TM I created already in Language Terminal?... See more
Here you can find answers to both your questions:
https://www.memoq.com/en/news/-language-terminal-for-non-memoq-users,-part-2-s

1. RE: Should I create an empty TM in Language Terminal first, then export the TM from SDL Trados Studio in TMX format, and then import this TMX file into the empty TM I created already in Language Terminal?
Exactly.

2. RE: how many other users can update and use this shared Language Terminal TM
...you can invite up to three co-workers to your TMs...

[Edited at 2017-07-20 02:10 GMT]
Collapse

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 16:50
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TMX then, and 3 co-translators Jul 19, 2017

Thanks Stepan, that clarified everything. So then I just upload a TMX file to Language Terminal.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I upload a SDL Trados Studio TM to Language Terminal, and what restrictions on sharing?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »