MT: the best CAT?
Thread poster: Shouguang Cao
CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 10:12
How? Jul 21, 2017

Shouguang Cao wrote:

With GT4T you can add a translation of a term to glossary, Your text will be "translated" with the glossary first and then submit to MT. In this way, the term will always be translated correctly.

How do prevent that an inserted target term from your glossary is recognised incorrectly as a source term by Google Translate etc.?

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:12
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here you go Jul 21, 2017

Hi CafeTran,

Check this FAQ and go to "How do I tell Google Translation API to NOT translate something?"

https://cloud.google.com/translate/faq

CafeTran Training wrote:

Shouguang Cao wrote:

With GT4T you can add a translation of a term to glossary, Your text will be "translated" with the glossary first and then submit to MT. In this way, the term will always be translated correctly.

How do prevent that an inserted target term from your glossary is recognised incorrectly as a source term by Google Translate etc.?

[Edited at 2017-07-21 11:41 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-07-21 11:43 GMT]

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 16:12
English to Thai
+ ...
What to enhance translators' productivity Jul 23, 2017

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

I don’t understand the logic.

I think you are comparing two incomparable things. Apples and oranges.

Computer-assisted/computer-aided or machine-assisted translation environments cannot be confused with machine translation. This is Wikipedia stuff. Of course, in a CAT tool, you can use MT as a resource.

So what’s your point?

I think we should discriminate CAT out of MT. They are basically different but they both support me largely in my recent projects.
The Machine Translation System is an MT to assist translators for more productivity. I support this movement and I am an advocate of latest technology to help human translators.
I am going to be 65 years old. This is why I need to move proactively.

Dr. Soonthon Lupkitaro
Bangkok, Thailand

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MT: the best CAT?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »