Thread poster: Neil Greenough (X)
Neil Greenough (X)
Neil Greenough (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:44
Spanish to English
Oct 26, 2015

Hi all.

I'm an aspiring literary translator. In order to improve my skills, I feel that it would be beneficial to take a look at some Spanish texts that have already been translated into English. I would then have a go at translating the source text myself and then compare my product to the existing one to then learn techniques and how to improve my work or indeed, it may be that my version is better.

I a
... See more
Hi all.

I'm an aspiring literary translator. In order to improve my skills, I feel that it would be beneficial to take a look at some Spanish texts that have already been translated into English. I would then have a go at translating the source text myself and then compare my product to the existing one to then learn techniques and how to improve my work or indeed, it may be that my version is better.

I am just wondering what your thoughts are on this approach?

I am keen to initially try contemporary children's / teen short stories.

Thanks
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Requesting Es>En comparison texts

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »