Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Why is a landline telephone needed for telephone interpreting?
Thread poster: jyuan_us
Melina Kajander
Melina Kajander
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
* Dec 27, 2016

I know several people who use a mobile only when needed --mostly with a headset-- and just for a minute or so, because they believe (not without a reason) that it might harm their heads.
Seemingly, using it for some 30 minutes may frighten them as hell.

Interesting; the thing about mobiles being harmful to heads (brains) is very conclusive, as far as I know... Though if there's any truth in it, most people in Finland will soon have very damaged heads, as like I said probably 99% use mobiles only, and wherever you go people have mobiles stuck in their ears, all the time, be it public transport or anywhere else in public (Yes, it can get very annoying... I certainly prefer to talk about my private or not-so-private issues when *not* in public!)

Melina Kajander
Melina Kajander
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
NOT conclusive Jan 2, 2017

Oh my, the above was supposed to say "not very conclusive", only the word "not" was accidentally left out (And it makes no sense without it...)

ogerardo
ogerardo  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 19, 2020

[Edited at 2020-02-19 16:22 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why is a landline telephone needed for telephone interpreting?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »