Kirim uang ke Jakarta dari Amrik
Thread poster: vincentbest
vincentbest
vincentbest
English to Japanese
Feb 20, 2007

Hi,

I would like to send some money to my collaborators/agencies in Jakarta, but the fee is very expensive.

Bank of America charges me about US$45.

What is the cheapest way to send money to Indonesia?

How about PayPal?

Thanks!

Vincent

Hendarto Setiadi
Hendarto Setiadi  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:53
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Good question! Feb 22, 2007

Hi Vincent,

US-based clients of mine are facing the same problem. So far the cheapest way to send payment is by cheque, but this just makes life so much more difficult for the recipient.

To my knowledge PayPal is not yet a viable option. They offer only limited services in Indonesia (cmiiw), and persons based in Indonesia can use it only to PAY for goods/services and SEND money.

I tried using Moneybookers, but if you are based in the US you still have to up
... See more
Hi Vincent,

US-based clients of mine are facing the same problem. So far the cheapest way to send payment is by cheque, but this just makes life so much more difficult for the recipient.

To my knowledge PayPal is not yet a viable option. They offer only limited services in Indonesia (cmiiw), and persons based in Indonesia can use it only to PAY for goods/services and SEND money.

I tried using Moneybookers, but if you are based in the US you still have to upload funds by international wire transfer to Moneybookers' account with a bank in Germany. You can also fund your Moneybookers account by credit card and be charged a 1,9% fee, but my clients have not yet looked into this.

HTH, and please post again if you eventually find what you are looking for.

Best,
Hendarto
Collapse

Harry Hermawan
Harry Hermawan  Identity Verified
Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Try Western Union/Moneygram Feb 22, 2007

vincentbest wrote:

Hi,

I would like to send some money to my collaborators/agencies in Jakarta, but the fee is very expensive.

Bank of America charges me about US$45.

What is the cheapest way to send money to Indonesia?

How about PayPal?

Thanks!

Vincent

For paypal no luck I guess, try moneybookers dot com instead.

As for services such as Western Union or MoneyGram, both have been great. I personally have had transactions with both from clients in the US (Moneygram) and Western Union (Canada/Singapore), frankly though I'm not sure about charges.

So good luck, hope the info have been useful.

Wishing I would be the recipient...

Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Moneybookers or Western Union Feb 26, 2007

Hi Vincent,

My clients in the UK tend to use wire/bank transfer, while those in the US prefer Moneybookers or Western Union. Indeed, bank transfer fee in America is really expensive (around US$40).

With MB, the money will be sent right away; with WU, it will take only about 3 hours.

Best of Luck.

Tony Bennjamin
Tony Bennjamin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Member (2013)
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Paypal Jan 31, 2011

Indonesia now can accept paypal payment. But it is we must verified the paypal account using the Visa or Master Card. after we receive the money via Paypal, we then can transfer the money to the local bank using our own account number, and the transfer amount of money using the paypal is not expensive. I have been using the paypal and found it very useful when accepting and transferring money. Try it. you won't regret. Rather than using cheque.

Kirim uang dr Indo ke US atau sebaliknya Nov 18, 2011

Untuk dapat mengirim uang dengan mudah dari US ke Indo atau dr Indo ke US, dapat menggunakan jasa SENDfast,LLC. SENDfast,LLC is a registered company based in US dan sejak 2003 telah melayani warga Indo dg kebutuhan kirim mengirim uang dengan biaya jauh lebih murah dp biaya Bank. Dapat di lakukan online bagi yg memiliki Paypal account atau dapat melalui Bank of America customer to customer transfer semuanya FREE
Coba check out websitenya, re
... See more
Untuk dapat mengirim uang dengan mudah dari US ke Indo atau dr Indo ke US, dapat menggunakan jasa SENDfast,LLC. SENDfast,LLC is a registered company based in US dan sejak 2003 telah melayani warga Indo dg kebutuhan kirim mengirim uang dengan biaya jauh lebih murah dp biaya Bank. Dapat di lakukan online bagi yg memiliki Paypal account atau dapat melalui Bank of America customer to customer transfer semuanya FREE
Coba check out websitenya, registration is required: http://www.sendfast.net

Dapat di percaya, kalo masih ragu dapat menghubungi [email protected] and ask to be connected to existing users. Good luck!
Collapse

Galih Saputra
Galih Saputra
Indonesia
Pakai PayPal Lebih Mudah Nov 10, 2023

Kalau zaman sekarang sih lebih mudah dan enak ya karena sudah ada PayPal. Saya saja kemarin kebetulan baru saja membeli barang-barang dagangan yang berkaitan dengan kura-kura untuk dijual kembali di Indonesia. Kebetulan harga barang aksesori ini di China lebih murah sih. Cukup bayar pakai PayPal, semuanya jadi lebih praktis deh.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Kirim uang ke Jakarta dari Amrik

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »