Where/how to install Heartsome
Thread poster: Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:14
Finnish to French
Jan 3, 2013

I downloaded Heartsome 8.1 Ultimate. It's a ZIP file, but there's no installer inside. Where should I copy the unzipped files and folders? How long does it take to receive a serial number for the trial period? I applied for one yesterday, but I haven't received it yet.

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
Local time: 06:14
Green Software Jan 3, 2013

Heartsome 8.0 is green software, which means you do not need to install the software. You can send a shortcut to your Desktop. In Mac OS, you can drag the Heartsome to /Applications directly.

[Edited at 2013-01-03 08:20 GMT]

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
Immediately send serial number Jan 3, 2013

If you have applied for a trial license on Heartsome website, the mail with serial number will be immediately sent to you. If you submitted your application but did not get a serial number in your inbox, please check your spam box, or give us your e-mail address, we will manually send the serial number to you.

[Edited at 2013-01-03 08:33 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-01-03 08:33 GMT]

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Local time: 00:14
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Received after 1 day Jan 3, 2013

Heartsome Support wrote:

If you have applied for a trial license on Heartsome website, the mail with serial number will be immediately sent to you.

I received my trial license code ca. 24 hours after submitting my personal data. This is not a complaint, I just want to say that one can experience a delay in the delivery of the licence code.

Regards,

Gyula

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
Also my experience Jan 4, 2013

Gyula Erdész wrote:
I received my trial license code ca. 24 hours after submitting my personal data. This is not a complaint, I just want to say that one can experience a delay in the delivery of the licence code.

Same with me. In fact, this is what prompted me to ask the question here, and I receive my code shortly after posting my question. Like you, this is not a criticism, as my life doesn't depend on the code.

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Activation Jan 4, 2013

Hi,

Did you manage to activate it? Unlike you I got the activation code instantly but when entering the code, the error code is LIC017 as if I had not Internet connection. Also, need to Run as Administrator although I'm logged in as Administrator under Windows 8 64-bit.

Thanks,

Bernard

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
Also got LIC017, activating Heartsome is painful Jan 4, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:
Did you manage to activate it? Unlike you I got the activation code instantly but when entering the code, the error code is LIC017 as if I had not Internet connection. Also, need to Run as Administrator although I'm logged in as Administrator under Windows 8 64-bit.

Same with me. Rather frustrating to have to wait until one has painfully entered the code (why can't you copy/paste it in one go) that you should in fact have ran the software as administrator, only to get an activation error when trying again.

I was entering the code manually on my computer, reading it from my iPad: it was not easy to decide whether a given character was an O or a 0 (zero), or an l (small L) or an I (big I).

I wish the activation process were made more straightforward.

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
Heartsome needs to work on their activation process Jan 4, 2013

This time I copy/pasted one by one the six components of the license number, but I keep getting the infamous LIC017 error code, asking me to check my network connection. It's fine, thank you. Heartsome really needs to work on their activation process. Right now it's like they don't really want our business.

Hint to Heartsome: download a trial copy of memoQ and activate it. You will see how much more easily your competitors make the process.

Bernard Lieber
English to French
+ ...
Licence Number Jan 4, 2013

The licence number is in fact the easiest part as you can just copy it from your e-mail message and paste it into the 1st cell, populates the remaining cells. My Internet connection is fine too but still getting the same silly error code.

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Java problems at first run Jan 4, 2013

Dear colleagues,

When I first run the software under Win 8 the program stated that I had no JRE on my computer. Running the SW as Administrator solved the problem.

So the very first steps are not as smooth as they could be, but Heartsome support is extremely helpful, fast and proactive.

Based on my experience, this is one of the best tools if you use Linux.

Regards,

Gyula

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
The problem has been fixed Jan 5, 2013

First, Sorry for the inconvenience.

As Bernard Lieber mentioned "The license number is in fact the easiest part as you can just copy it from your e-mail message and paste it into the 1st cell, populates the remaining cells.”

As for error “LIC017”, there is something wrong with our license server temporarily. The problem has been fixed! Please reactive Heartsome 8.0 with your serial number.

[Edited at 2013-01-05 03:16 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-01-
... See more
First, Sorry for the inconvenience.

As Bernard Lieber mentioned "The license number is in fact the easiest part as you can just copy it from your e-mail message and paste it into the 1st cell, populates the remaining cells.”

As for error “LIC017”, there is something wrong with our license server temporarily. The problem has been fixed! Please reactive Heartsome 8.0 with your serial number.

[Edited at 2013-01-05 03:16 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-01-05 03:17 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-01-05 03:17 GMT]
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
Success! Jan 5, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:
The licence number is in fact the easiest part as you can just copy it from your e-mail message and paste it into the 1st cell, populates the remaining cells. My Internet connection is fine too but still getting the same silly error code.

Thanks, I hadn't realize that!

Anyway, I'm happy to report success activating my trial copy of 64 bit Heartsome Ultimate 8.1 (Windows version) this morning.

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
Java & run as admin Jan 5, 2013

Gyula Erdész wrote:
When I first run the software under Win 8 the program stated that I had no JRE on my computer. Running the SW as Administrator solved the problem.

I also wasn't able to run Heartsome the first time on Windows 8, but this is because I hadn't installed Java yet (Java isn't included in the Heartsome distribution). This "problem" wasn't solved by running Heartsome as admin, but by installing Java

As to running Heartsome as admin, it's only needed for the purpose of activating it. Once you have managed to activate it (by entering the license number and successfully connecting to their licensing server), you can start Heartsome as normal user.

At least that's how I understand things.

Bernard Lieber
English to French
+ ...
Up & Running Too Jan 5, 2013

For some reason, I was sent two activation codes and only the second one would work.

Thanks,

Bernard

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Where/how to install Heartsome

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »