Déjà Vu ideas
Thread poster: Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Local time: 17:17
May 14, 2017

Hello Dear DVX users!

I'm Matylda, and I'm the new social media & community manager at Atril. I'm glad I can meet here the users of DVX and I will try to assist you with any queries concerning our software.

We do appreciate your opinions and are happy to listen to your suggestions on how we could improve Déjà Vu and make it even more user-friendly. That is why, we have
... See more
Hello Dear DVX users!

I'm Matylda, and I'm the new social media & community manager at Atril. I'm glad I can meet here the users of DVX and I will try to assist you with any queries concerning our software.

We do appreciate your opinions and are happy to listen to your suggestions on how we could improve Déjà Vu and make it even more user-friendly. That is why, we have launched an ideas platform available at https://dejavu.uservoice.com/. Feel free to add your own ideas and vote on those submitted by others.

To be able to participate, you simply need to sign up with your e-mail, Facebook or Google profile. For the sake of clarity of the forum, please try to keep the number of ideas submitted per one user below 10, and place each one in a separate post with a short heading that describes the idea in a concise way.

We will be happy to learn what you would like to change and improve.
Cheers!

Matylda
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:17
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Please continue to monitor this forum, too May 15, 2017

Dear Matylde,

Many update recommendations and requests have appeared in this forum over the years. Please search this forum for the many interesting and excellent recommendations that have been made. And, most importantly, already discussed and developed.

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
A nice touch May 15, 2017

Yolanda Broad wrote:

Dear Matylde,

Many update recommendations and requests have appeared in this forum over the years. Please search this forum for the many interesting and excellent recommendations that have been made. And, most importantly, already discussed and developed.

I believe that it's a very good idea that Atril have come up with the new platform, because it helps organize the ideas and, hopefully, prioritize them.

Over the years the suggestions have been scattered in various topics in this forum, sometimes in the main topic, sometimes somewhere in the thread. Now, finally we can place our requests where they are seen clearly .

A similar, perhaps slightly more restrictive (only for licensed users) forum is run by SDL for their various products (including Trados, of course) and it seems to be working. People can discuss there there ideas and see if many other users need the same thing or perhaps they are alone with their wishes.

On the other hand, I don't expect that even the idea with the biggest number of votes will be implemented in the new incarnation of DVX. As the case of SDL Ideas proves, sometimes there are some programming limitations that restrict the introduction of even the best ideas (e.g. Reverse TM in Trados - people would like to see it, but it turns out it's hardly possible to implement in Studio).

Anyway, I love it.

[Edited at 2017-05-15 02:06 GMT]

finnword1
finnword1
United States
English to Finnish
+ ...
QA funtion for missing spaces? May 15, 2017

Need to make the keyboard command functional to check missing spaces. QA menu has S underlined but, at least in my program, ALT+s does nothing.

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Um, this is a Proz forum, not an Atril forum May 15, 2017

Yolanda Broad wrote:

Dear Matylde,

Sure, many users have discussed improvements and wishlists for their preferred CAT tools here, but no CAT tool vendor has ownership to those in a third-party forum such as this.

It is only fitting that each CAT tool developer builds his/her own ideas platform, but not here.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:17
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
It's nice to know Atril is listening to us! May 15, 2017

Atril_TEAM wrote:

Hello Dear DVX users!

We do appreciate your opinions and are happy to listen to your suggestions on how we could improve Déjà Vu and make it even more user-friendly. That is why, we have launched an ideas platform available at https://dejavu.uservoice.com/. Feel free to add your own ideas and vote on those submitted by others.

To be able to participate, you simply need to sign up with your e-mail, Facebook or Google profile. For the sake of clarity of the forum, please try to keep the number of ideas submitted per one user below 10, and place each one in a separate post with a short heading that describes the idea in a concise way.

We will be happy to learn what you would like to change and improve.
Cheers!

Matylda

Hi Matylda,

That's excellent news about the Déjà Vu ideas platform, and especially good news Atril have hired a new social media & community manager. Engagement with your users is as important as the features of the tool itself. If users feel they are being listened to, and can communicate with the people behind their tool, a sense of community will develop, which is a great thing. Not just for us users, but also for sales, of course, as happy users will promote the tool among their colleagues (for free). But I probably don't need to tell you any of this

Déjà Vu X3 is my favourite CAT tool at the moment, and so I am hoping that some of our ideas will make it into the new version scheduled to be released in the summer (or so we've been told via the grapevine). Do you have any info on the new version?

Michael

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the welcome May 15, 2017

Thank you for the warm welcome

As for the new iteration of Déjà Vu, I don't have any specific information beyond the ones already provided to you by Etienne, but rest assured that should I get any info, I'll be more than happy to share it with you.
I know that, as of now, it's not very informative, but I hope that within the next few months I will be bringing you lots of good news.

Cheers!
Matylda

Mario Chavez (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
How about a Mac-compatible DVX3 version? May 16, 2017

I know I'm asking for the moon but having DVX3 work natively on my Mac OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan) would be extra cool.

In the meantime, I'm just happy using DVX3 in Parallels 11 (in El Capitan, on my travel 15-inch MacBook Pro) and work with my Adobe applications for my select clients (InDesign, Illustrator mostly).

Cheers!

Mario

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Unedited since a week
finnword1
finnword1
United States
English to Finnish
+ ...
"Um" indeed May 17, 2017

[quote]Mario Chavez wrote:

"It is only fitting that each CAT tool developer builds his/her own ideas platform, but not here."

Why not? This happens to be "Technical forums » Déjà Vu support"

Mario Chavez (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Got it wrong May 19, 2017

[quote]finnword1 wrote:

Mario Chavez wrote:

"It is only fitting that each CAT tool developer builds his/her own ideas platform, but not here."

Why not? This happens to be "Technical forums » Déjà Vu support"

If Proz has a forum for DVX technical issues, it is for translators using that tool, not for Atril, the software maker.

Proz has no obligation to offer a free platform or forum to a software developer (SDL, Atril, CafeTrans, Lingotek, etc.) nor to fulfill a role that belongs to the developer.

Is this so difficult to understand?

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Unedited since a week
Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 18:17
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Clarification May 20, 2017

Mario Chavez wrote:

If Proz has a forum for DVX technical issues, it is for translators using that tool, not for Atril, the software maker.

Proz has no obligation to offer a free platform or forum to a software developer (SDL, Atril, CafeTrans, Lingotek, etc.) nor to fulfill a role that belongs to the developer.

Is this so difficult to understand?

Dear Mario,

Thank you for your comment, but I must point out that you are wrong.

Proz.com forums are a means of communicating between the software maker and the users as well. Actually, this is one of their most important features. For years we have been asking Atril to frequent this forum and reply to user concerns, so their presence here is most welcome.

Actually, Atril is under no obligation to visit or provide help on this forum, but if they do, it is a benefit for us, so let us hope they keep up the good work.

Best regards,
PTs

Mario Chavez (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Clarification II May 20, 2017

Pavel, thank you for making my point for me.

Proz users may even ask Microsoft, Adobe or other software makers to come to these technical forums and read our comments, complaints of use and suggestions for improvements. I repeat, none of these vendors have any obligation to come here, read our comments or use Proz forums in any way since they already have their own user forums.

I repeat, is this so difficult to understand?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Déjà Vu ideas

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »