Helen Johnston
Helen Johnston  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:07
Member (2007)
Catalan to English
+ ...
Mar 3, 2015

Is it possible to select multiple segments in dvx3? In other CAT tools eg Trados you click on the numbers in the left hand margin holding down the shift key. I can't find any way to do this in DVX3 in order to eg change the segment status of a range of segments.

Also, is there a way of filtering on segment status, eg to show all segments containing text but not yet confirmed (what would be draft status in Trados)?

Caroline Bajwel
Caroline Bajwel  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
English to French
Selecting and filtering segments in Déjà Vu Mar 3, 2015

To select a range of segments, type on the Enter key on your keyboard to switch to selection mode. Then go to the last segment of your range holding down the Shift key. To return to normal mode, just click twice.
To filter some segments, you may use the selector field (located on top of the source and target columns and titled 'All segments". Using the right drop-down arrow, you may select various types of segments to display only these segments. You may then select them all as described a
... See more
To select a range of segments, type on the Enter key on your keyboard to switch to selection mode. Then go to the last segment of your range holding down the Shift key. To return to normal mode, just click twice.
To filter some segments, you may use the selector field (located on top of the source and target columns and titled 'All segments". Using the right drop-down arrow, you may select various types of segments to display only these segments. You may then select them all as described above, do a right-click and select Segment status to change it.
Collapse

Helen Johnston
Helen Johnston  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 3, 2015

Thanks so much Caroline!

I should have spotted the segment filter, it0s right there in plain view! I'm afraid the natural tendency when switching from a familiar tool is to look for a function in the same place, I was looking in the ribbon menus.

The trick for selecting segments I would never have worked out however. DVX does seem to have the most random and complex short cut keys of any tool I've used so far.

I hope I won't be bothering this forum with to
... See more
Thanks so much Caroline!

I should have spotted the segment filter, it0s right there in plain view! I'm afraid the natural tendency when switching from a familiar tool is to look for a function in the same place, I was looking in the ribbon menus.

The trick for selecting segments I would never have worked out however. DVX does seem to have the most random and complex short cut keys of any tool I've used so far.

I hope I won't be bothering this forum with too many silly questions, the lack of a Help function for DVX is really quite bizarre.
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Thanks, I was looking for that one Sep 1, 2016

Caroline Bajwel wrote:

To filter some segments, you may use the selector field (located on top of the source and target columns and titled 'All segments". Using the right drop-down arrow, you may select various types of segments to display only these segments. You may then select them all as described above, do a right-click and select Segment status to change it.

Thanks, I was looking for that one!

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Hello Helen Sep 30, 2016

Sorry for jumping in so late, but I thought it my prove useful for anyone lloking for such info.
Helen Johnston wrote:
DVX does seem to have the most random and complex short cut keys of any tool I've used so far.

You will find the list of shortcut here.
Also, you can customize and change them to match with other CAT tools you are used to.

I hope I won't be bothering this forum with too many silly questions, the lack of a Help function for DVX is really quite bizarre.

Ask any questions to [email protected]
Here is our resource center, feel free to have a look -
especially at this section
Also, just press F1 in DVX3 to have the Help File displayed.

Kind regards,
Atril TEAM

@CafeTrans: same thing, feel free asking anything

Krzysztof Kożurno
Krzysztof Kożurno  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
how to confirm all (selected) segments May 26, 2021

It's great to know there is a way to select multiple segment. I keep looking for a way to confirm all selected segments (without having to read any manuals etc.).
Asking here, rather than by e-mail, for future generations.
Thanks.

Atril_TEAM wrote:

Sorry for jumping in so late, but I thought it my prove useful for anyone lloking for such info.
Helen Johnston wrote:
DVX does seem to have the most random and complex short cut keys of any tool I've used so far.

You will find the list of shortcut here.
Also, you can customize and change them to match with other CAT tools you are used to.

Ask any questions to [email protected]
Here is our resource center, feel free to have a look -
especially at this section
Also, just press F1 in DVX3 to have the Help File displayed.

Kind regards,
Atril TEAM

@CafeTrans: same thing, feel free asking anything

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Selecting multiple segments in dvx3

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »