madleen
madleen
United States
Local time: 04:21
Arabic to English
+ ...
Nov 21, 2016

Dear Translators

I am using Memsource Web Editor. I want to use the feature that saves me the torture of retranslating and RETYPING the same phrase/sentence over and over again. On the top right side there is a search pane in which you can insert a segment and search for an existing translation. I get the results in the form of chunks containing the sentence I am looking for. I do not want the whole "chunk" ; just part of it. How can I copy that specific part I want and paste it int
... See more
Dear Translators

I am using Memsource Web Editor. I want to use the feature that saves me the torture of retranslating and RETYPING the same phrase/sentence over and over again. On the top right side there is a search pane in which you can insert a segment and search for an existing translation. I get the results in the form of chunks containing the sentence I am looking for. I do not want the whole "chunk" ; just part of it. How can I copy that specific part I want and paste it into the target? or import it into the target? or even having it suggested automatically while I am typing instead of searching for it?
I tried to copy past the sentence I want into the target but nothing happened.
I do not use Memsource that much so please excuse my questions!

Thank you for your much needed help
Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:21
Member (2004)
English to Italian
partial solution... Nov 21, 2016

if you click on the segment with the "chunk" of the text found with the search, it will be shown at the bottom (right hand side), where you can copy and paste the bit you need... if you double click on the segment, it will be inserted in the target (but the whole "chunk" will). If there is a TM selected, the matches (and fuzzy ones, depending on the penalty selected) should appear automatically in the target...

madleen
madleen
United States
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
copy paste Nov 21, 2016

Hi Giovanni

Thank you for your help. This is exactly what I have tried to do -- copy past, but nothing got pasted. I do not know why. I was using Firefox on Mac

Do I need to check any box to have the TM suggestions automatically appear?

Vaclav Balacek
Vaclav Balacek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:21
English to Czech
+ ...
Supported browsers Nov 22, 2016

Hi,
Please try Chrome and Safari on Mac.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:21
Member (2004)
English to Italian
ok... Nov 22, 2016

madleen wrote:

Hi Giovanni

Thank you for your help. This is exactly what I have tried to do -- copy past, but nothing got pasted. I do not know why. I was using Firefox on Mac

Do I need to check any box to have the TM suggestions automatically appear?

If you are working for a client, the TM will be automatically selected... if you have created a project yourself, you need to add a TM and then select it from the Translation Memories section... you need an active TM with the project, otherwise your text won't be saved in the TM and you won't get any hits!

madleen
madleen
United States
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 22, 2016

Givanni and Vaclac

Thank you very much

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to use matches in Memsource??

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »