Pagine:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8]
10400 words in 24 hours
Iniziatore argomento: Nicole Coati
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

LinguaS Ltd
Italia
Local time: 22:53
Membro (Jul 2017)
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...

Posted via
ProZ.com Mobile

Speak and it's a lot faster Jul 14

The average capacity is 2500 words per day, so you must be Superman. [/quote]

While I completely agree that a medical and other technical texts require more time, I also found that I could definitely boost my 3000 words per day output by switching to speech-recognition . No more typos (after an initial phase), no tired wrists, no slowing down. And I get a nice flow to many texts, so it's ideal fee presentations etc. Did a 40000 word project in less than 2 weeks including proofing in Across and was even praised for the excellent quality which thrilled me no end.

Direct link Reply with quote

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

David GAY  Identity Verified
Da Olandese a Francese
+ ...
it depends Jul 16

LinguaS Ltd wrote:

The average capacity is 2500 words per day, so you must be Superman.

While I completely agree that a medical and other technical texts require more time, I also found that I could definitely boost my 3000 words per day output by switching to speech-recognition . No more typos (after an initial phase), no tired wrists, no slowing down. And I get a nice flow to many texts, so it's ideal fee presentations etc. Did a 40000 word project in less than 2 weeks including proofing in Across and was even praised for the excellent quality which thrilled me no end. [/quote]

I think that it's possible to use speech recognition only for texts for which no rephrasing is needed and which contain relatively short sentences.

And speaking all the time can be exhausting as well

[Modifié le 2017-07-16 06:04 GMT]

[Modifié le 2017-07-16 06:10 GMT]

Nor Afizah Thalhan  Identity Verified
Malesia
Local time: 04:53
Membro (2013)
Da Inglese a Malese
+ ...
Seriously? Jul 16

My average is 1,500 words per day. Anything more than that-sounds like a problematic/desperate client who is unable to think right!

Chris S  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Membro (2011)
Da Svedese a Inglese
+ ...
Wow Jul 17

Looks like it's all been kicking off in my absence.

True story:

My great-grandfather worked as a translator for the Nazi supreme command, and one dark day in 1941 the Führer, who had by this time become dangerously addicted to romantic fiction, asked him to drop all work on the latest Allied submarine blueprints and instead translate the latest Millski & Boonski novel from Russian - by tomorrow.

"But mein Führer, this is more than 10,000 words, a professional cannot possibly translate that much in 24 hours!"

Let's just say the Führer was not best pleased. In fact the very next day he declared war on Russia. A coincidence?

The irony is, as Lincoln pointed out, that 24 hours is two 8-hour days with 8 hours of sleep in the middle, and an occasional 5,000 words a day is a far from frightening proposition.

If only Great-Grampa had had this mathematical insight, he would've been spared four years of every 24 hours being two 10-hour days with 4 hours of sleep in the middle, and the world might have been a very different place today.

Pagine:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

10400 words in 24 hours

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Cerca un termine
  • Lavori